1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's becasue if they weren't Ferrari would sue them to keep them from publishing the article.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

no no the 911 is

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

So did you buy yet? If so, what color?

4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

In the 911 at Grattan I can pace around at 1:21's or so. I never timed myself with the 488.

Strictly used to have an Lancer Evolution that we built into a time attack competition car. Fully gutted, cage JUST for rollover protection and seats/harness system. 2.2 stroker, Precision Turbo 6466, E85, good suspension, aero, and slicks. The owner ran the car in competitions, and I ran my personal car in a different class. I would help with setup and testing though. (as well as doing 80% of the fab work on the car) I ran a 1:19 at Grattan while sliding a lot. We made some changes and I went back out and annihilated the transmission.. oops

Car was making around 800hp, and when we were on slicks, we basically had to budget for having a gearbox, a transfer case, and a rear diff, either getting rebuilt, or ready to go as spares.

Unfortunately for bikes, I have hit a time wall there. I cant get into the 24's to save my damn life. Hopefully that changes, as I will be returning to the race grid this year.

In general I have found my time in cars has given me some odd habits with bikes. Mostly with late hard braking and trail braking.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Venom51

I wouldn't know. I only own a lowly little Cayman.

6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I also do not own... but I still read shootouts from time to time. here's one of them of recent:

https://www.motoringresearch.com/features/fastest-cars-nurburgring/

at every level there's a Porsche beating the Ferrari of that level, and they're all a bunch more money than the Porsches. this kinda result gets played out time and time again.

this one a little more of a mixed bag, i guess depending on the year/lap, but all really close either way:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

but at the end of the day... a GT3 is literally less than half the price of a 488 GTB. even the GT3RS is barely more than half. that's ridiculous no matter how you slice it.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  7. Venom51

Yep...

8. I have an order in. But with the world logistical issues, and apparently with Porsche suspending production, who knows when the bitch will actually get built and delivered.

I sent my dealer an email asking how all of this bullshit affects my build/delivery ETA, but I haven’t heard back yet.

Hell the fucking thing might be a 2024 model by the time it shows up. :mad:

Shenanigans likes this.
  9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Someone needs to get on the elliptical and work out some frustration... have any challengers?

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Some wimpy little guy in the corner who hasn't a clue he's in competition.

Gorilla George and R Acree like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

and will probably win.

12. Im actually prepping for the gym now.

We normally go at 1400. I told the wife “Get ready, we are going now”.

She was like “Why early?

I said “Because fuck everything”.

13. Not a chance in hell.

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

It's their club.

You want into their club, you play by their rules.

You no want to play, you no get into their club.

[​IMG]

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

And Porsche is moving the Boxster/Cayman to electric only.

17. Fuck Porsche.

Shit, wait…

BigBird, Saiyan66 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  18. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Ghey.

Their best platform and they are going to ef it up by making it electric. Cracks me up how they just can't stand to have another car in their lineup that is superior to the 911.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  19. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Fixed…:)