1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Yeah, you have to look at the micro footprint optics for them, this is directly from Canik site "Trijicon RMRcc and Shield RMS/RMSc footprint micro optics" are what the slide is cut for/has adapters. There are some others like some of the Holosun I believe it's the 407k or 507k. I went with the RMRcc as I got a good deal on it and no adapter plate was required for it.

2. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I went with the Tactical Development rail adapter on my P365 XL. Converts it to a pic rail with 2 slots, so you can install whatever light you want. I went with the Olight PL mini 2 Valkyrie (I'm not invading Afghanistan, so I don't need 10,000 lumens). Adding the rail limits your holster options, but I went with a Tuxton Tactical AIWB, and it ended up being the best holster I've ever owned.

IMG_6778.JPG
    IMG_6779.JPG

3. I didn’t know that was a thing. Good call. I like that.

That’s the same light I run on the little Canik.

4. The more I shoot the Walther PDP, the more I like it. It has the best trigger I’ve ever used, outside of a 2011. Short take-up and very short reset. And the accuracy is phenomenal.

Bang for the buck, I put it right there with the big Canik as far as quality vs price.

If someone is in the market, you won’t find any extended magazines for the PDP anywhere. But as long as your PDP is the Full Size, you can use the extensions for the PPQ. The PDP Compact model won’t work with PPQ stuff.

This is a Taran Tactical +5 mag extension that is listed as being for the PPQ.

FF861D0E-34BC-4D0F-A73A-89FFA77278D4.jpeg

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Picked up my Canik this evening, too late to mess with it and I'm going skiing tommorrow ....(yes, we still have snow in PA). It was a good day, got the 'vette out of winter storage...perfect car to go buy a new gun! I'll put a hundred rounds of Winchester whitebox thru it then decide what to do with an optic. CABIN FEVER IS BREAKING!

MachineR1 and Gorilla George like this.
  6. You’ll love it. Guaranteed. Especially for the price you paid and everything that came with it. I’m thinking of getting another for the hell of it, just because they are too good at such a low price.

7. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Lol. Reminds me of something Carry Andrew told me way back...You're only as good as your spares. I keep thinking of a Canik after seeing you and others talk about how good it is and then I get looking at something else. I'll have to bump it up my list of next purchases. You were on point about the Banshee. I picked one of those up and love it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Got it removed and plugged.

A42B6085-F6B6-44AD-960C-48F7453BA862.jpeg

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. That S&W CORE .45 is becoming one of my favs to shoot.

I like .45’s in general. And this one is great.

This is at 10 yards.

BB512A39-23C5-444F-B2E7-21DE75C33025.jpeg

But to be honest, I was trying to be accurate (not fast). I was extra smooth and took a beat between each shot to concentrate.

This was at 15 yards, and while firing rapidly. I obviously gave up accuracy for speed, doing multiple quick double and triple taps (which aren’t as smooth with a .45). I was trying to shoot dude’s gun. :D

C1707C4A-AC1B-44DB-ABCA-033FEA637135.jpeg

10. It started out as a great day at the range. I had 6 guns and 25-30mags loaded, plus a couple extra boxes of 9mm and .45. I was pumped.

The first hour went good.

Then the fucking PDP broke.

And JUST yesterday I was talking about how much I like it.

On the 3rd mag I had a failure-to-eject. I pulled the slide back and dumped it. But then it wouldn’t feed anymore.

It won’t feed, and the slide won’t lock open.

When I rack the slide either with a full mag or empty mag, nothing happens. I pull it back and it just slides forward without loading a round.

I tried it with all 4 mags, same shit.

I can’t even get the slide to lock back manually, using the slide lock.

I’ve only had the damn thing at the range maybe 5x. So it probably only has about 1000 rounds through it and already shit the bed.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Did you land on it during one of your tactical rolls?

sheepofblue and Gorilla George like this.
  12. :crackup:

No I always keep my gun above my head when I’m sliding or rolling. Preserving the weapon is priority one. :D

noles19 likes this.
  13. noles19

:crackup::flag: thank you for stopping the terrorists!

14. I do what I can. :D

15. I need to reach out to the President of the Ukraine. Apparently he has been pleading for guns and ammo.

I could sell him all mine and he would have enough to not just fend off Russia, he could twist it around and the Ukraine could take over Russia. :D

noles19 likes this.
  16. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

hate to say it but thats one ugly pistol

17. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

With that mag extension its like the two handed claymore sword version of a handgun.

18. Haha it’s not a beauty contest. :D

I like extended mags on everything, for the extra grip length. Even my EDCs have the 15-round extended mags.

But i especially like them on .45s because with a .45 you sacrifice capacity as it is. With that extended mag it gets capacity up to 14+1.

19. noles19

Are You really saying something is not a beauty contest with how damn picky you are about how something looks?!:crackup::crackup:

20. :crackup:

I mean yeah, the way shit looks matters for sure.

But if I had to choose between being able to grip and gun better and having 30% more capacity, or other people thinking it looks better stock, I’ll definitely choose option A.

Because I don’t think it looks bad at all. In that picture, it is laying on the bed on a lump of the comforter. So the grip/mag is closer to the camera than the barrel. It looks a lot more odd in that picture than it does in real life.