1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any baseball umpires here? Little Joey needs gear.

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And helmets, I don’t know how it is with football or hockey but it’s a fight. We have three brand options and maybe 5 or 6 options from those brands. Everyone (players) wants the really cool “arai rx7rr” option that can run up to $500 each and we need 30. The “Bell” option is $250 to $300 but it’s as cool with the laxbros as the clap. The “hjc” option looks cool but fits as well as wearing a $5 bucket from Home Depot on your head but (with support) it’s half the price of the bell (but at retail it’s double).
    Then there’s options like jaws for the goalie. That one or two monster headed kids and that dad who is an ambulance chasing attorney who contributes nothing but wants the $400 helmets (but his kid has a used helmet that was out of spec in 1890).
    Then you have to re-very them every two years at $40 per . . .
    I have zero clue on where to get a xxxl helmet for my sport.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And with rec, I need anywhere from 50 to 100 helmets every two years.
    Gimme money! Keep your kids safe!

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And finally, thank your hs, rec, peewee or t ball coach when you can. I’ve made 0 dollars in my coaching “career” and really, probably in the hole 4 to 5 figures (that’s me). I’ve been spit on, cursed, punched and had a gun pulled on me. Imagine what your kids coach goes through. :)

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

No problem. As I thought about this more, it is really a simple case of discrimination based on Joey's size. If a player needed a size XL jersey and they were out, they would order another one since it is a common size to have. But if they need an uncommon size, like 5xl, that will fit Joey, and they don't order it because they probably won't need it after Joey graduates, then they are discriminating. That is illegal, besides being unethical and just kinda shitty. Unless all of the players are paying all of their own equipment costs the school must treat all students equally and provide them with all of the equipment they need to fully and safely participate.

Yzasserina and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Fair point

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Send hime to the WWE wrestling school

dtalbott likes this.