1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to find.....

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Mar 7, 2022.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wikibeebia.

The Todd, L8RSK8R and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Plus, it's what happens when you haven't raced a motorcycle in over a decade but you love the community of riders.

Once a Wanker.., The Todd and BigBird like this.
  3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My good buddies ex girlfriend ended up being full blown schizophrenic mid 20s and he had to go this route so people believed him....was sad for her she was a completely different person in a matter of 3 years

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Born there, left immediately.
    Currently PA.

I can think of lots of instances where a law such as this should be, but isn't, enforced.
    Oh, well. I guess Private Investigators need a loophole for an easier existence? o_O

5. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

If your car was parked where it was not supposed to be, just deal with it. I think there are certain laws about snow removal.

If no fault of yours, instead of threatening the other person, file in small claims court. Keep your phone records that you have been speaking to him. Then he can't claim it's made up. Even if you don't win it will certainly rub his rhubarb. Hopefully you can file in a court that is closer to you than 3.5 hours.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

well...some of us are smart

[​IMG]

7. ClemsonsR6

Not like that. My car was stuck in the road, teetering on the edge of the ditch.

Plow guy was called by the cabin rental company and didn't have to plow our driveway that night....even with the drive plowed, the road was so bad we couldn't get to the driveway.

Plow guy said he could easily pull my car back into center of the road so I could back out and down the road.

When he pulled me, he caused my car to slide into the ditch, then I was really stuck. At that point, he jerked the shit out of my car to free me but then stopped downhill after he pulled me free. I had no ability to stop on an iced over road and the momentum of him pulling me pulled my car right into the back of his truck.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

No good deed goes unpunished

Montoya, tony 340, RichB and 3 others like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Eh. I've pulled plenty of people out of ditches and snowdrifts, never was dumb enough to come to a stop until the car I was pulling stopped.

beac83, BigBird and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  10. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

I'm thinking we need the video of this...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Given he was doing you a favor I'd eat the cost and move on.

Montoya, MachineR1, 27 and 3 others like this.
  12. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Kind of agreeing here. Which takes us right back to BC's post...

27 likes this.
  13. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

This exactly. Not only does he not deserve being stalked and threatened, but you want to take him to court for trying to help you?

14. ClemsonsR6

He wasn't helping me....I had a tow truck called. He didn't have to plow the driveway. He made the situation worse by actually pulling my car into the ditch and then at that point, pulled me out of the ditch when the damage happened.

Had he just said, I'm sorry but I can't help move your car, I would have gladly waited for the tow truck and he could've come back the following day and or not at all.

He said he could easily pull my car back away from the edge of the ditch and plow the driveway that night so he didn't have to come back.

15. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

He was trying to help and based your first statement and you agreed. Stop being a POS and eat the cost of a driver try to help you out.

16. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

It wasn't smart of the snow plow driver to stop once your car was free and drifting in his direction. Maybe he couldn't move his vehicle to avoid yours in time. I'm a little unclear on some of the things you wrote though:

So the snow plow cleared the driveway, and not the road? --> Plow guy was called by the cabin rental company and didn't have to plow our driveway that night....even with the drive plowed, the road was so bad we couldn't get to the driveway.

Or, you were stuck on the road blocking the snow plow's access to your driveway?

You're saying the snow plow wasn't helping you but you wrote that --> [your] car was damaged by a snow plow service who tried to tow my car into a place where I could drive it.

And --> I had a tow truck called. He (the snow plow driver) didn't have to plow the driveway.

Sure sounds like he was helping you by clearing your driveway and freeing your car. Oftentimes, a plow will just skip a section or drive around and keep on moving.

Last: This seems to suggest a conversation transpired, an offer of help was taken up and, in hindsight, you're suggesting what the snow plow driver could/should have said instead? --> Had he just said, I'm sorry but I can't help move your car, I would have gladly waited for the tow truck and he could've come back the following day and or not at all.

So, considering how it played out, you wish the snow plow didn't offer to help? Or that you wish you didn't accept the offer to help?

Sounds like I'm judging but I'm not.

17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Or....you could have said "no thanks, I have a tow truck on the way". I'd chalk this up to your personal responsibility when you accepted his offer and eat the repair cost. Stuff like this stops people from offering help to others, and instead drive right on by.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm still reading this as you asked him to help you out - did you?

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Pay the deductible and file a claim with your insurance. Not worth the hassle trying to go through a third party who quite honestly, is questionable for being at fault anyway. File a claim with your own insurance, get the car fixed and be done with it.