1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK Video Pass. WTF?

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainwreck, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Mine expired yesterday, and for some reason it wont let me renew, or even start a new subscription. It takes me to the page where it has a "buy" button. I hit the button, and it takes me to the exact same page without buttons at all.

lol WTF..

Anyone else having this issue?

I watch past racing seasons while I work out, or to have some sort of noise in the background while I'm I the garage..

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Try it with a different browser. It may be a tech glitch on their end.

3. Trainwreck

Nope.. Still the same.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Mine auto-renewed, but when I logged out and clicked the register button, I discovered the sign-up is a pop-up, so if you have a pop-up blocker that might be your issue.

Trainwreck likes this.
  5. Trainwreck

Yeah, I tried the log out method too.... Once I signed back in it took me to the same page without the "purchase" button. I had it all set on auto-renew too, so I don't understand. I auto-renew MOTOGP, and WSBK the same day.. This time only MotoGP renewed and it wont even let me try to renew WSBK. Not on my computer, my work computer, my phone (wifi or cellular)..

strange.

6. Just saw my Motogp.com auto renew hit today, not sure what it was last year but $139 euro’s is pretty steep. Even if it hadn’t auto renewed I’d still pay it but f sakes that’s a bit steep, and I’m by no means cheap.

7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

It is steep considering that F1 is $80 for their TV package that includes live timing.

MGP charges $15 on top of the video pass.
    I’ll still pay it but damn, they need to include live timing with the video pass.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

WSBK is the glitchiest website and has the worst user experience of any racing subscription I've got.

cBJr, Quicktoy, 23103a and 2 others like this.
  9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I dont know why mine didnt auto renew and i cant renew manually. Anyone else with the issue.

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

It’s complete shit. I don’t know why it isn’t a mirror of the GP website and let’s not even start talking about the app.

SuddenBraking and cartmen34 like this.
  11. Trainwreck

That's literally the reason why I started this whole thread. LMAO.

The App is much better than what it was, but it's still really bad.. It's like someone at Dorna let their 14 year kid build the website. I also don't understand why it isn't a copy of the GP website.

12. SuddenBraking

Is there an app for WSBK now? Even if it's complete shit, that's a huge improvement.

13. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Clearly never used the MotoAmerica app/subscription.

G2G, Knotcher and ungwaha like this.
  14. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

There's been an app for years, but it's literally not worth having. The video pass function isn't even on the app. Total cluster fuck.

15. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

I've been trying to renew my MA subscription and there is no renew/buy button in my settings page.

16. SuddenBraking

I subscribe to all three (as well as some random flat track shit), and I'll take MA over WSBK any day of the week. I think the main issues people have with MA was trying to watch it live (which I don't do).

17. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Can confirm that despite my best efforts, I cannot get WSBK to accept my money. I'll try again a little closer to the season.

My MotoGP auto-renewal got flagged as a potential fraudulent transaction (since it's international), but I got that squared away on their website.

Waiting for MotoAmerica to automatically renew.

Then, it's just a matter of throwing a fresh keg in the kegerator and imbibing a level of alcohol frowned upon by most doctors while I watch ~10 hours of roadracing every weekend.

henry_carlson and Trainwreck like this.
  18. ApeMummy

ApeMummy Member

Same here. I had WSBK on auto renew but instead I just suddenly don't have a subscription anymore and there is no "buy" button or any way to purchase. ALSO, my motoGP subscription did auto-renew, however if I try and watch anything it tells me I need to be subscribed to watch. Any device, all platforms, browsers etc. Tried signing out, deleted apps etc....nothing

19. Trainwreck

My MotoGP renewed and is working fine. Although, it does still have the "subscribe" button off to the side. When I select the video it does play, but it takes a sec for the video window to pop up onto the web page.

I've just ben rewatching all of the BSB rounds while I work out... If only there was a really good Video On Demand for that series to go back and watch all the seasons. It's such good racing. I find what I can on the Youtubes. I do hope Motor Trend continues thier partnership with that series and plays all of the events this year as well.

Also, if you guys are trying to find racing you maybe haven't watched. The YouTube channel: Greenlight Television has been uploading TONS of Irish/British road races and even some Macau races. Its pretty good stuff.

Still haven't been able to figure out the WSBK situation. I'm betting that they wont allow us to renew until the season starts. I sent them an email and I got a response back in Italian saying thank you for the email. lol

20. ApeMummy

ApeMummy Member

I sent a message to MotoGP, without much hope of a reply but who knows. On the WSBK front, I'm just confused as to why I had a full subscription with auto-renew turned on, to nothing at all. Blah.

BSB is, in my opinion the best racing series at the moment. Last year Motorsport.TV had all the BSB rounds on demand. The interface and navigation/organization is absolute garbage but once you find what you want, it's ok. I hope they have it this year as well. Pretty cheap too.

Yea I've been watching all the Greenlight stuff on youtube as well!! Good stuff!