1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has a chopper? Britt still here? I want a chopper.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Probably both...

ChemGuy likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

It's all you, 'toe. Electric scooter. No blat-blat-blat drowning out your Beach Boys jams.

:D

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I got kinda nervous seeing all the burnt up sport bikes they left laying around.

For y'all too cool for bike week part of the "decorations" was torched sport bikes on display :crackup: those were the Beach St days.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

"Chopper" and about half the Oxford Dictionary is a British slang for penis.....

R Acree likes this.
  5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Just stopped in to say I own a chopper or two....

racer_11 likes this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

R22s don’t count.

:D

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

that’s what I was thinking!
    I was like wingnut is the only chopper guy on here... then the oh... that silly kind... set in... :D

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Is that a dig? Or Star Wars? I don’t know either terms... ;)

the Bell museum is in a tiny one light town south of you a ways... not a bad day...

it’s no Gilmore museum... that’s way cool if you haven’t been to it in Hickory Corners/Kzoo

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

The Robinson R22 is the SV650 of choppers....so kind of a dig, yes.

Bell Museum...Didnt know that. I may have to check that out....thanks.

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

cool.

yeah that Bell museum is about an hour south of the MI/IN line not far from US31... kind of cool if you know the history and the ties into everything. Tiny place with nice elderly very knowledgeable “historians” who volunteer and it makes their day to share their stories.

11. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

heres what we all grew up with
    [​IMG]

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

But if you were really cool (and I wasn't), you had one of these:

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Chain, ducnut, The Todd and 1 other person like this.
  13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

My dads youngest brother has been building choppers with Honda 750 4’s since the 70’s. A pic of one made it into Iron Horse mag some years ago. They’re kinda cool just not my cuppa.

Steeltoe and The Todd like this.
  14. britx303

Hell, I just want that shirt!!:rock:

The Todd likes this.
  15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Not exactly a chopper, but I borrowed my brother's wide glide and I like it. I'll report back in 4 or 5 years and let y'all know if the novelty wears off.

The Todd likes this.
  16. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

LOL

As far as I know, no relatives in prison or on parole- but I have many realtives in the NE I never really meet/talk to- so I'll go with 3.

I do have my 'ol Dodge Quad Cab truck parked in my sideyard- it runs though too. No GM trash on this property.
    CinderBlocks are stacked behind my shed, not holding anything up. No Dog currently. So I'll go with 1 here.

The last part is a zero
    So I may have scored a 0-4 depending.

And Remember Ladies and Gents:

If your most wealthy relative got a new house, and you had to go over to help them take the wheels off of it?..............
    You MIGHT be a Redneck! LOL

17. britx303

I have my dads heritage softtail. I honestly tried to like it and rode it to work a lot so I could hit back country roads on the rides home etc. and just could never find myself liking it, but I seriously tried. Now it’s just been mostly sitting for 16 years with just fuel flushes and once a year cleaning to keep oxidization down.

The Todd likes this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dammit, now I have ads for these fkn things popping up on every damn page I visit. :mad:

YamahaRick and Sabre699 like this.
  19. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I bought one local last year, one of those deals I thought was too good to be true. Never a Harley fan whatsoever always hating on them. I actually enjoy riding it. 2011 Fatboy, I never thought I’d ever throw a leg over a Harley.
    I was buying it to sell immediately but the owner touched my heart. Wanted to let it go cheap to someone who otherwise couldn’t own it. He has some kind of terminal lung disease and couldn’t ride it anymore. I still text him and let him know this bike is his to ride anytime he wants if he is up to it.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

My honest suggestion, get a Triunph Bobber or Honda Fury and customize them.

choppers that are built at home or “chopper shops” are some of the most crude pieces of shit ever built.

I worked on two OCC bikes and the level of garbage was staggering for $40,000 fuck that.

inpromise you will hate they ride. The handle like ass sandwiches at a all dude gay bar.

The Todd and ducnut like this.