1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Reacher equals Tom Cruise...

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Nov 24, 2012.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This concludes Captain Obvious' statement of the day.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just finished it. Overall, I liked it a lot. Been years since I read the books. This dude was Reacher.

3. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I’ve read many of his books….have lost track of all of them. I watched the first episode and it was ok….so far I liked the book better.

I’m still gonna watch a few more episodes to see if I can get hooked.

Not entirely a Cruise fan and his stature just doesn’t fit the character from the book. This new guy is better but just a little too made up for the part. Are there really MP’s in the real world military that look like that???

R1Racer99 likes this.
  4. :crackup:

:moon:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Broome is short and not that wide.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably not, and Reacher not being the norm in a lot of ways is something the books cover pretty well but a show and movie can't. Hell the books even cover his bulk being a hindrance in fighting at times but his doing it since childhood makes up for it.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

WTF

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I’ve read most of the books. Started watching the show and love it. Decent enough replication of his overall vibe.

jdaniel likes this.
  9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I was basing his height on his own posts that most cars don't fit him, hence his love of SUV's that offer more room.

Looks like I read a little too much into it.

Dude that plays Reacher is 6'2" so he's tall, but not overly gigantic by any stretch.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, book Reacher is like 6'4" or 5" so my size but actually in shape :crackup:

Knotcher likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, it's the height of the vehicles that's the problem. Ingress and egress. He doesn't have to lower his body into a SUV (back issues, if I remember).

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And basic Broomicity.

13. Knotcher

Finding a decent actor that size, age, physique, and overall look would be very difficult. It would also maybe look awkward on camera and detract from the show.

14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Makes total sense, and I recall he was fubared pretty bad last year with major back surgery so yeah, I'm not pretzeling myself into a Lotus Esprit on a good day, let alone if I had a bad back and was a bigger dude.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Round IS a shape.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, 6'2" is perfectly fine, especially compared to Cruise being a foot or more shorter.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you put him into one of those, it's eventually going to serve as his coffin. And I'm not talking accident, I'm talking old age. He ain't getting out.

Gorilla George and younglion like this.
  18. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

As they fucking should have. Cruise was an abomination to anyone who ever read the books. A midget playing Reacher?? Bull to the shit! Ruined what should have been a lot of awesome movies.

r1madman likes this.
  19. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

Wife and I have read nearly all the books, were hopeful seeing the early movies w/ Cruise. They did a decent job covering for his size, but only so much you can do, not enough.
    We watched the first episode on Netflix, decent, but Reacher's acting isn't great. But then, based on Reacher's character in the books, you wouldn't expect much emotion showing, so maybe the acting is exactly what is called for. Overall, about what you might expect.

20. Knotcher

Exactly. Reacher isn’t like regular people.