1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What type of boring tool?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by fast steve, Feb 4, 2022.

1. fast steve

fast steve Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me what kind of boring tool I use to drill the holes in my new carbon fibre body work without cracking it. And if you could send a picture of what it looks like, that would be even greater thanks again.

2. NOLAracer

NOLAracer Well-Known Member

Dremel with a carbide cutting bit always worked for me.

3. peterleduc

peterleduc Well-Known Member

Step drill bit

I NEVER in a million years would have guessed that a step drill would be the perfect too for this but it is. It makes nice clean holes,
    If you get off center you can drive it to the side you want and they are de-burred or chamfered for you. Give it a try.

svracer22 and Evill Ed like this.
  4. backho

backho Well-Known Member

Step drills work great. Use a 1/16" or 1/8" twist drill as a pilot drill and use the step drill to incrementally increase to the desired diameter. If you're a little off with the location then use a rat tail file to move the hole.

5. fast steve

Thanks a lot for all the help

6. fast steve

I got through the whole quite well with some Dremel bits but I’m going to keep this as a reference because all I did was my front fender and I’ll have to do all the other bodywork when it comes in. So thanks a lot