1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there anyone that keeps accurate parts inventory any more online?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sweatypants, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I'll preface this with Partzilla has been really good to me over all these years, but...

these last two orders. Shit says "in stock" or "available to ship in 2-3 days" then I get the email that its backordered and no-ETA yet, or its 2 weeks out. Generally I wouldn't really sweat that either, but my last order... I needed LITERALLY one $12 bolt. I ORDERED a bunch of other misc. crap just to refresh it or have a spare (brake line holder plastic, new nut/bolt, whatever). THE backordered part, is the $12 bolt haha. WTF man?

Does anyone else do a better job of being accurate or this is pretty much it these days? I coulda just asked a part out dude for that bolt or ordered it somewhere else. Just curious. [/rant]

2. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

3. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

That's one thing I really like about

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

if they say they have it, they have it.

Other places say they have it, which means someone has it somewhere maybe...

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I love those guys... they get most of my $$$

TurboBlew and Sweatypants like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There's a smartass comment just itching to be made here... :D

E Reed, motion and Sweatypants like this.
  6. Sweatypants

have used before, just didn't think of it last week. haha i just went back on, now Partzilla says 200-210 days for that bolt when it said 2-3 last week haha. Freakin ridiculous.

Even them...

"Usually ships in 7-10 business days" on that particular bolt. I know what that might turn into. I'll just let it ride and find a used one for now, but I'll go there in the future first.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Know someone with a lathe? Talk softly like Allen Millyard and get er’ dun.

8. Sweatypants

its this guy:

upload_2022-2-4_12-6-35.png

and no, i don't that's close or wouldn't charge $100 for it. there's plenty of pick-n-pull dudes on the FB R6 groups, just figured its always nice to have new. I already have it covered. Look at that ETA now haha, when it looked like the others below it last week.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You mean like this?

upload_2022-2-4_16-13-22.png