1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 Yearly Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

joec likes this.
  2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I ask realier if the RRR repave would change the schedule and now I see it did.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

4. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

do you know which rounds that will have Vintage <7 races? thanks

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not yet sorry.

VMD for sure as a start.

6. jeff johnson 32

jeff johnson 32 Well-Known Member

Anything on the Vintage stuff yet?

7. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

Trying to plan our three to four race schedule for this year on two vintage bikes. AHRMA is an option, but all of their races are 8-12 hrs from everywhere in central Ohio. Nelson, Pitt anywhere on the horizon?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Overall it should be the same as last year, only real change is looking at doing the Vintage final race at Road Atlanta in September instead of the GNF in October. Trying to get it a bit further from the Barber Vintage Festival.

9. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has already been covered but I couldn't find anything.

We may be putting my old Vintage 4 Norton back together to run a few races a year so I was trying to figure out if WERA is still running the class.

Looking at results from this year's races, I don't see anything for V 3,4, or 5. Were there no entries or have those classes not been run?

I see vintage on some races on the schedule but wasn't sure if that includes the lower vintage classes or just modern vintage.

10. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

races marked “v” run most vintage classes ( f500 , 3-8). see rulebook. i do see a v4 in the 2/19 results. my plan is to 3-4 events this year.

11. Norton 357

Yeah, I saw there were a few races with the V but the results led me to think there isn't much participation. I would like to have somebody to at least pretend to race with.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that's why the grids for Vintage are small...

FWIW we've only run one Vintage race in the SE and it was Talladega in February.

13. Norton 357

Ok, thanks. Once we get it put back together I will be looking for track time and can run V3 and V4. We haven't had this bike on the track since the 1990 GNF so it will be interesting

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet!

15. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Since we are on vintage, Sean, is there any chance that you would consider running V7 on endurance weekends. I know last year it was dropped for those weekends but I was really hoping to run the Ape and those are the rounds I’ll be doing. There was a lot of chatter on here last year for the class but not sure if anyone showed as I wasn’t at any non endurance rounds. Thanks

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no problem doing it but kind of need to get a feel for what the majority of those running the class would like.

17. yokohama1

I’ll revive the V7 thread from last year and see if others have plans to run the class this year.

18. yokohama1

I tried to get an idea of guys were interested in V7 at the endurance rounds and got some interest but not like 10 bike grids worth. Sean, if you can find room for V7 during those rounds it would be great. If not maybe try and find one endurance round for V7 that I could race so that I can race the class at the GNF. Thanks.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can race it at the GNF no matter what, no prerequisite for that round.

20. yokohama1

Thought in order to qualify for any given class for the gnf you had to at least run the class at least once during the season.