1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effin biden!

Discussion in 'General' started by kangasj, Jan 21, 2022.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

WTH is a shit picking service?

You remember the episode of Shark Tank which had the guy who wanted to sell a slab of sod for city dogs to shit on? When I saw that, I laughed at that dude and predicted that the Sharks would laugh him out of the room. Nope. They jumped at the chance. Fast forward ~3 years. Those guys called me, wanting us to supply their turf slabs on the east coast. I think that they wanted KBG, IIRC. It looked like a 24/7, low gross job to me.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Says the king of investments.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hey, it says so right there on his license plate.

:D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is something truly liberating about knowing that, even if you want to stay a bit longer, you can walk away if they get too stupid.

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

At my work, large concrete outfit in cincy, we have at least 6 retired county/city/odot inspectors that are now supervisors for our company.....They're making at least 6 figures from my work with great benefits, brand new Laramie trucks or GMC's of their liking, AND they're pulling their retirement/pension from the state/city. What a racket to be in.

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

. . . and they will get stupid!

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's my kid's plate yo. He came up with that one on his own.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

more than likely.

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I have no desire to make it big in the poopies business.I literally walked away from a very successful landscape business in 2000.Im happy driving a rig.
    I was just thinking about dookie as a part time weekend gig.
    As far as I know it's an open market in N.Ga.
    I haven't seen anyone doing it
    We have a Decent amount of money folk, and retirement communities.Polo fields in Cumming, and several golf communities . Figured those would be a good place to start .
    Grey poopon elitist dogs ? :D

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Ok but just take note that, and may older people here can vouch for this, you'll be turning 60 in about 5 years, in relative time......

tl1098, kangasj, Photo and 1 other person like this.
  11. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Ariel is a fictional character in Walt Disney Pictures' 28th animated film The Little Mermaid.

The terms aerial view and aerial viewpoint are also sometimes used synonymous with bird's-eye view.

kangasj likes this.
  12. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Fuck work. If I could stop clocking in for the man tomorrow I would and I've got a decent job that I don't hate. I think about retirement every day. Every single one of the guys I run in to and talk to that have retired all say the same exact thing. "I sure wish I would have done it sooner". As soon as I can go I'm cashing in my chips and I'm gone. You wouldn't believe how many emailed obituaries I have gotten from guys kicking the bucket 1-10 years after finally retiring after hanging on for so long. "Just one more year", "got to make it it 40 years here then I'll go". No thanks. Life is way too short to be working until the end. There is a ton more shit I would rather be doing everyday starting with not being somewhere I'm told for 8+ hours every day of my life.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    kangasj and Photo like this.
  13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I retired at 58 .. 66 now ! Anyone that’s said they would be bored in retirement has a lack of imagination… wish I could have afforded to retire at 23 or 24 :D

kangasj, beac83, Photo and 1 other person like this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Werd

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yep, I turned forty, then suddenly I was sixty. It was like when I needed reading glasses, went to bed one night fine, the next morning I couldn't see anything properly less than five feet away.

Photo likes this.
  16. 650 RACER

This times infinity.

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

It'd be awesome if someone figured out a way to be retired from 20-50 and then work from 50 until you die. Sucks that most people retire when they're old and can't do most of the cool things in life.

kangasj and jrsamples like this.
  18. 650 RACER

I've always thought this. It's backwards. When you are young is when you need to be out doing shit but you are too broke to do anything. Then you get old and have money then you are too old to do anything.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Retirement communities are no bueno. You want yuppies with busy lives and more money than sense. Don't even bother talking to people walking their dig. Your target market is too lazy to do that. Leave your cards at veterinarian offices, and maybe use your old landscape biz customers as leads.

Edit: lucrative as hell are those dogipot stations installed by HOAs. Bonus is you can advertise on them. Condo and apartment complexes can be good but you'll get fired every time a new manager comes in, then contact the new manager in 4-5 weeks and raise the price of your service to re-start.

ToofPic likes this.
  20. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Alot of people retiring where I work, I stay in touch with many and check in once in a while, have yet to find one that regretted it and most wish they did it sooner, the last guy I texted I asked how it's going, his reply "it's awesome, do it as soon as you can and don't wait 1 second longer". Seems in most every case though there's the apprehension of taking the initial step as they spent most of their life saving up and now they go to no longer drawing a paycheck and have to start drawing down.

Then there are the guys still here with $2M in the retirement accounts that can go any time but don't because they have nothing else to do. I view that as a failure on their part as to me the possibilities are endless.

Bugslayer, kangasj and jrsamples like this.