1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car dealer allocation

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 12, 2022.

1. The only BMW I like is the X6M.

They actually aren’t bad at all. With the Competition Package it puts out 617hp. That’s only 14hp less than the Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT.

And you can completely load it out, with every option they have, and it will still come in around $130k. That’s $65k less that the Turbo GT.

I’ve thought about it, and built one online a few times. I’ve seen them in person too and really like them. I almost got one back when I ended up getting the Turbo Bacon.

The problem is that I struggle to get comfortable in them. The ergos are funny. It is like the area for my legs is too short/shallow, and the reach to the steering wheel is too far. They just feel “off”. No matter how I adjust shit, they are never comfortable.

But it’s been 5 years since I sat in one. They might have change. I dunno, I might look at them again.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Sweet rides but probably not enough HP for Broome.

An X5 M does lay claim to the best plate I’ve ever seen though…”AMG LOL”

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Jeep Trackhawk!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The X6 is for Russian mafia and meatheads.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

One of his requirements was a "luxury" SUV.

Jed, Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  6. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

That’s as much in options as the total cost of the new Laramie Ram I want to buy….. crazy indeed

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Is Broome a meathead? that is debatable :Poke: :D:p

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

9. I did. I built an AMG GLE 63S. Ive done it a few times because I keep coming back to it for some reason. I really like them, it just seems like something is missing on the rear. The SVR and Porsche both have scoops or fins or whatever you want to call them on the back. It finishes off the look. The back of the GLE looks like they designed the first 80% of the body, then just stopped and let the ass end tail off as is.

I do like them though. They have a ton of cool features and over 600hp. It is a viable option. I might have to look at them again.

I like the stuff Alpina did to that BMW, I just wish they would do the same to an X6. I prefer the coupe look, with the more rounded rear, vs the squared off look like a true SUV.

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If you like the more rounded rear, there was a GLE 63s coupe in 21. I assume they're doing it again in 22? https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/model/gle/coupe/gle63c4s

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

...and I cannot lie

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

OK, enough of this chicken shit talk...either go Lamborghini LM002 with a howitzer or get a Yugo. There is no in between.

[​IMG]

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

ask @Metalhead about buying a BMW built in Spartanburg, SC.

my buddy Walter from Bavaria was here for a couple of years, in Q at BMW, he got so pissed at his company... they saved $0.00002 by using thinner platings on bolts, so they started rusting after 2 months out in the parking lot - in SC - freaking factory lot.

14. :crackup:

Gotta admit, I had the same thought when I first said that. :D

15. What in the actual fuck.

16. That’s one thing I can say about Porsche.

Because of their quality of components and control, along with rigorous testing/proving methods, if any of these vehicles could be considered bulletproof, it would be the Porsche.

I read about the Porsche testing methods on a Range Rover forum (of all places).

They said that’s the difference between the Range Rover and the Cayenne.

If the RR states it can tow ____lbs, it probably can. But for how long? How long before the Transmission shits itself or you run into electrical problems?

If Porsche claims the Cayenne can tow ____lbs, it will do it until the Earth freezes over.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

korrekt.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Be the first on your block http://www.usspecialtyvehicles.com/gx

Then there's Overfinch for Range Rovers.

Brabus 900. Only 25 made.

Saw a Rivian on the road today. Pretty cool looking.

19. What the hell im gonna do with that? :crackup:

It’s between the Cayenne Turbo GT and Bentley Bentayga V8.

I can’t make up my mind. Was supposed to go to Porsche today, but put it off because I can’t decide.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Everything that’s been mentioned has been meh to me compared to the RSQ. I was hoping that all worked out so I could have a chance of driving it.

now it sounds like a Porsche and that don’t light up my liver. :(