1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitar case thingee... you know, the whatchamacallit...

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxernaut, Jan 20, 2022.

1. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

On one of my guitar hard cases the compartment where you throw your picks, capos, etc., is difficult to open because the handle thingee you grab to pull it open has come off. I still have it but it's in a state of hurt and I was thinking, "surely a replacement wouldn't be that hard to find."

But of course trying to google for an answer gets me replacement latches, replacement handles, guitar straps, and everything under the sun except what I'm trying to find.

Anybody got any idea what the proper search term is? Right now I'm down to having to pry the compartment open with a three foot screwdriver. I could use a shorter one of course but I like the way the big one intimidates the case. Maybe it'll think twice before f'ing with me next time.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cases? You don't need no stinkin cases.

3. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

pull tab?

gixxernaut likes this.
  4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

isn't it just a leather tab or nylon tab? Take it over to peabody shoe repair and they'll nail a new piece on there probably for free

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

KIMG0110.JPG KIMG0109.JPG

Take an old belt, cut it and rivet it on.

What about an old eyeglass pouch/case thingymajigg.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just spit balling here, why not just screw the tab back on? My Hamer case has the same tab. If it came off, I'd screw it back on with a new fastener.

[​IMG]

8. L8RSK8R

KIMG0111.JPG

Eyeglass pouch, cut and rivet.

rd400racer likes this.
  9. rd400racer

:crackup: Yep, here's where mine resides...well, until about an hour from now!

[​IMG]

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

A Fathead Ranger? What you like 12 or something? :D

rd400racer likes this.
  11. L8RSK8R

And Tommy Emmanuel is playing tomorrow night :clap:

12. rd400racer

No, but I act that age most times:D

Sabre699 and rd49 like this.
  13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Oh, I have one hanging behind me right now and the one that goes with the case in question usually rests on a stand near my desk unless I'm strumming it while waiting on a compile to finish. But every once in awhile someone who doesn't know any better invites me to come over and play. That's when I find myself needing access to the compartment.

Yeah, I guess I could man up and rivet it on.