1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Dan Kyle

Discussion in 'General' started by black knight, Jan 20, 2022.

1. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

Just saw on another page that Dan Kyle passed away this past weekend. It seems like it's been a tough couple of years as far as losing industry folks and the like. If you ever purchased Ohlins components in the US, he might have a had a hand in it.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Always enjoyed working with Dan over the years. Saw it on FB and was hoping it wasn't true. RIP

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Used to get my Dynojet supply from him.
    Always get to work with .
    RIP :(

black knight likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

For your work in the sport sir...thanx.
    RIP.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

R.I.P., Dan. Thanks for all the help. :(

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

RIP Dan :(

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

This sucks...

Spoke with him many times back in the day regarding setting up my RC51.

RIP Dan....

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You and me both. Good man and another big loss to the sport and community.

9. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Gutted to hear of this.....Dan's supported my AFM racing career for many years and was instrumental in my performance. Dan always had a story or comment that helped me elevate my game and would always call BS on excuses.

Quick story - Dan gave me a set of Sato clip ons to try. My bike was at his shop and after installing them, I told him I thought they were too long. Dan removed them, chucked them in a lathe and cut them at the length I wanted. "There! No excuses now"

stk0308 and VFR#52 like this.
  10. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

One of the all time GOATS

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Damn, that sucks. He sent me a complete set of forks with ohlins internals to test vs forks with traxxion dynamics internals. No credit card for collateral or anything. Just sent them to me trusting I'd send them back. He always had the best deals of Ohlins anywhere

khill likes this.
  12. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

RIP Dan.

13. G2G

G2G I feel the need

He would give ya his shirt off his back. I know a couple guys from the RC forum days have posted up and if you ever went to an RC51.org trackday you most likely have met him in person. He has always helped me out and Mike Wheeler his co-worker/owner is a good friend also and I am gutted for him also. He has been with Dan Kyle for a long time. He will be missed.

14. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

RIP, legend :(

15. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Damn, he was a good guy and I thought he was always great to talk to. Especially visiting him in his shop there near Monterey.

how did he die? I didn’t realize he was out of prison yet after the tax SNAFU

16. innovativems

innovativems Well-Known Member

So sad, he was always super helpful and just a joy to talk to. Glad Kyle usa will continue you with Mike. RIP Dan.

17. innovativems

innovativems Well-Known Member

Kidney failure and a heart attack. He about out about a year ago.