1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Me too. It seems like the launch of the T7 was kind of a cluster. There was a lot of hype and expectation, I think the release was late, more demand than supply. I was following some threads on ADV Rider, people talking about their orders being late etc. It looks like a pretty cool bike for what it is. I was keeping an eye on CycleTrader and ADV classifieds for a while trying to watch the used market. People were doing the whole selling used for more than new prices due to supply/demand. Was very rare to find anything close to a decent deal. Figured I'd give it another year or two and see if the used market for these settles out.

Once a Wanker.. and cpettit like this.
  2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Let me know when you’re ready. I’ll pay fair price for one but don’t want to pay 12500 for someone’s 9999 bike.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I gave up and got a DR

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

This, and, occasionally, someone buys it for a single trip. Say, a week long BDR ride. Then, for some reason, feel "well I did it. Time to sell".

jrsamples likes this.
  5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I can't imagine anyone getting a T7 out of a dealership for $9,999.00, other than an employee of the dealership. Especially in in 2021. $12,000 is a realistic average out the door price.

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Well yeah after taxes and all that shit. I'm just saying people that want a ton more than retail price are high.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'm going out on a limb and say this one has to be easy as fack.

Looks like some good scenery, though.

stk0308 likes this.
  8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Yeah, except for the really broken up, shale-ey looking stuff on a steep with a loaded big bike. Sorta reminded me of a couple of sections on Mosquito Pass in Colorado. I was once riding with a guy that took an early V-Strom 1000 up Mosquito. I was on an XR650R. Whole lotta respect for his riding abilities after watching that.

Glad to see the BDR folks continuing to add routes. They do excellent work.

Cheers,

Dave

stk0308 likes this.
  9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I did Mosquito as a side ride from the COBDR on my Hypermotard. I'd much rather do it on the hyper than a V-Snore, yikes! Yes they do. I just love the freedom of not having to navigate AT ALL. I ride alone so it makes the ride so much more relaxing. It's like following someone who is doing the navigation without having to follow someone.

83BSA likes this.
  10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

There goes the neighborhood.....
    ADV got sucked up by Vertical Scope

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You had to know something was up when the site was shutdown for a day or so last week.

12. stk0308

I skipped Mosquito on my CO-BDR trip last year because I just didn't feel like risking it on my 900 Rally due to my lack of experience. And so I'm concerned, from some of those clips, that there are at least one section like that. Still, awfully tempting to try it. Waiting anxiously to see the route map.
    I thoroughly enjoyed my CO ride. We talked about trying ID in 2022.

13. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Idaho is on my schedule for 2022.

Cheers,

Dave

Britt, rd400racer and stk0308 like this.
  14. stk0308

Should be a good one.

The guys I ride with we've also discussed an alternative summer trip where we trailer to Silverton, CO. Then do day loops out from there for a few days. Saves from having to buck a fully loaded bike all day, every. day. lol

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My son and I have discussed something close to that. Trailer from Louisville to Denver (drop off rig at friends house) then ride all through the western states. The route from Louisville to Denver is beyond boring...just an endless, straight slab.

stk0308 likes this.
  16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

If you're looking for trails, there's a government run app that you can download offline maps to your phone and filter trails by activity to "motorcycle." It was great for random exploring. Here's the web version. Also, someone on here was nice enough to share his GPX track with me. If you're interested, send me a PM with your email address and I'll do the same for you.
    https://trails.colorado.gov/#activity=motorcycle

SuddenBraking and jrsamples like this.
  17. acorn27

Funny you mentioned that. I booked a place in Silverton for a week in August and plan to do exactly that. Want to hit the major passes loosely following sections of the Alpine Loop, and of course exploring many of the side routes.

cpettit and stk0308 like this.
  18. acorn27

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I've used some cheapo chinese patch kit without any issues. Are you sure your technique is good? Clean tube, scuff well, use adhesive, etc...

20. acorn27

Likely issues with my technique, yes scuff and clean but probably had old adhesive or used too small of a patch.