1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for mini Honda atc 3 wheeler

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Dec 21, 2021.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Got a para friend who has one in Thailand. The Grom with sidecar looks so cool though. Street legal and only would need a shifter. Less that $1000 for a simple Pingle unit.

baconologist likes this.
  2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

No

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think an ATC 90 would be a better choice than the 70. The 70s were a really small frame. I think adults fit better on the 90 frame.

6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

50Joe likes this.
  7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I shared a marketplace post yesterday for two of them

50Joe likes this.
  8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

My parents bought a pair of ATC 90s in the early 70s so I grew up riding them. I had way more seat time on them than dirt bikes. Sure we hurt ourselves a bit, but we learned how to make 'em do what we wanted. The front tire would basically just suggest which way to turn. We would stand on one peg with the shin of the other leg laying across the seat top to throw the ass-end around in a turn.
    Packed snow and ice was great because you could use the.... um... power to break the back end loose to get it to steer. We'd tow each other around the neighborhood with a rope tied to a saucer sled in the winter which was great fun. You just had to make sure the sled didn't start to pass the ATC when swinging around a corner because the rope would catch on a rear tire and the sled would get reeled in by it. Stop the ATC, lift up the rear, unwind the rope and go do it again. Good times!

50Joe, Banditracer and dtalbott like this.
  9. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

@50Joe - You still looking for one? Found an ATC110 local to me. New tires, brakes, lines, etc. Freshly painted....looks really good. $2500

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I had no idea prices on them were so high and not interested in paying that much. If I were to spend the bucks I'd save up a bit more and get a used Grom and add the sidecar. That looks way cool and I could use it to get groceries and prescriptions etc since those stores are only 1 mile from my house. And, it could be a fun vehicle to go exploring on since it's street legal too.

11. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Off hand.. I think that's your ticket.
    Lil street legal bike w sidecar.
    It's a practical and relatively small package.

Like you, a few years ago I thought I'd go out & buy 2-3 ATC70s for shits & giggles w friend's...then the absurd sticker shock of used prices ...same w YSR50s or Honda Trail70s....while really cool and fun...no way I'm gonna spend 4-7k on a 30-45 year old toy. It's all relative I know..but in a practical sense...just couldn't justify that.
    Hope you get a cool lil setup and it works well for you

50Joe likes this.
  12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I know right. 10 years ago you could pick one up for next to nothing. I guess it's nostalgia. I've got a friend who is obsessed with watching auctions on BAT. A CBR900RR recently sold for $52K. Insane. There was nothing special about it other than being in pretty much new condition. 2 Fuchs wheels for an older Porsche 911 just went for $8400. Not even a complete set. Just 2 of them. Wish I had a bank account with money to burn in it.

13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Mine will be on the market in the spring.

50Joe likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Dang. That is hard to beat for the price and no electric shifter needed for me. Thanks for posting it.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. This old Rz

Yep things are silly...
    $20,000 993 are, 80 grand.
    a truck bed full of Porsche g50 transmissions @ 4k , 8 yearts ago is now 50k.
    I found my friend an 86 rg500 gamma for $2,900 in Phoenix we know what that's worth He also bought a CBR900RR for $1,500 a 93 all he has to do is source OEM factory body work for it and it'll be worth 30k.. crazy crazy what people are willing to pay these days for what they've been told is cool... Even my rz350 project I could sell it for double unassembled for what my bike cost brand new in 85.... Just a box of parts...lol
    Wish some nice nostagic woman would buy me,! I'm way more fun than any motorcycle...lol

KneeDragger_c69 and 50Joe like this.
  17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

50Joe likes this.
  18. This old Rz

Those were all over the Internet 2 or 3 years ago I was kind of interested in them but after seeing that 1 with 14 mi and it won't go into neutral that kind of answered my questions I was going to buy a couple of them 4 shitz and giggles for me and the girlfriend & friends
    Last I looked I couldn't find them listed anywhere?
    With 14 MI and a bad neutral maybe that answered the question they were dirt cheap I think they're only 1500 with a sidecar brand new, including shipping

cBJr and 50Joe like this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hey Joe - Let me know if I can help with this one. Its local to me.

atc.jpg

20. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I could likely get you a 90 or a 110, in much better shape that the one shown above, from my friend in eastern IA. I've supplied his collection with many 90's, but he'll never part with the 2 ATC70's I 'loaned' him.