1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port St Lucie FLA, yay or nay

Discussion in 'General' started by Rene Bucek, Jan 12, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

So you took the big plunge. congrats. I still like NJ though :)

My buddy moved to Sarasota Springs a year or so ago. He loves it there, and started watching Fox News and stuff now, so he really became one with the culture.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Still up there too.

This is a 2nd home. I'll consider making it primary res if NJ goes completely commie :D

BigBird likes this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Ah winter, indeed a misery.
    You're driving and sleet is freezing on your windshield.
    The windshield washer is empty and so is the spare jug. You tail trucks closely to use their salty spray to clear the ice.
    The window is open so your left hand can grab the wiper to pick it up and brake the ice accumulating on it.
    Winter.

I'll take that over Fucking Floridah anytime.....

:D

cha0s#242 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Break :D

tzrider likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is he old or an artist or a Ringling fan? The Sarasota area is like "heavens waiting room"...lol.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Nah early 40s...
    "Sarasota, Bradenton and Lakewood ranch"

Those are the areas he was looking to purchase a house. The price disparity is amazing between neighboring houses. One is like 400k and the one next to it is like 1.2M

DucatiBomber likes this.
  7. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

SHHHHHHH! :D

Yeah, I was thinking that too, but didn't want to seem to be boosting my hometown too much. Won't you be my neighbor? ;)

And I am no big fan of south Florida (particularly SE FL) either. But it does provide that "variety" close by if you are interested.

8. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

You just proved not all meth heads live in Florida.:D

Ducati89 and R Acree like this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And Texas. And Tennessee. And...

[​IMG]

R1M370, TurboBlew and Ducati89 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

meh, you're from PA or something anyway :D

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

yeah, whatever, born in Ohio, we’re still full here.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NE Ohio is close enough, all a bunch of ferriners up there :D

FWIW Georgia is full too :crackup:

13. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

3 pages in and not a single mention of nearby (or lack thereof) racetracks...go figure...of course I can't readily think of a worse place to seek relocation advice....

14. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Probably because we know what tracks are around?

15. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Post 23

16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Dont worry about the heat, you'll get used to it quick.

I was born and raised in Orlando, FL and now I'm in Wisconsin. My first winter here it hit -24 degrees and I asked myself daily why the hell do people live here. The second winter me and my wife would say "its gonna be a nice day out" at 35 deg and sunny. I dont enjoy winter now, but it's no big deal. You'll feel the same way about summer.

And it'll make you freaking superman when you travel somewhere with dry heat. I could play ball outside for hours in 100+ deg temps when I visited family in Cali and they thought I was nuts. You body's ability to cool itself becomes much more efficient down there. The only danger is if you move south and try to go full fore in the heat before your body acclimates. It happens to out of state college athletes every year because stupid ass coaches dont use their brains.

Acclimate, then enjoy.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Ducati89 likes this.
  17. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

:bow: