1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harris Single Cylinder Racer

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by 83BSA, Sep 25, 2021.

1. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

In 1993 and 1994, Harris Yamaha's (SRX engine) won the British Singles Championship (Steve Ruth 1993; Dave Rawlins 1994). 1994, Jim Moodie won the inagural Single Cylinder TT on a Harris SRX.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Harris SRX is frame No. HPF1206.

[​IMG]

I've owned and raced it, occaisionally, in AHRMA (SOS2), AMA (Mid-Ohio) and WERA (Clubman) since 2007. The frame, wheels, suspension (Ohlins shock) and brakes are TZ250 spec. The engine is built with +1 mm Arias 10.5:1 pistons, Megacycle cam, valves and springs, and oil cooler. Twin Mikuni flat slide carbs. 54 RWHP on MSP Cycle dyno.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It weighs nothing, has God's own brakes, handles like a GP bike, is sized like a GP bike (it does not fit me at 6'-2" and 200 lbs, and arthritis and multiple crashes no longer allow me to fold myself into the bike). It is a FUN bike to race.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bike comes with gearing and some spares (footpegs, levers, clip-ons, brake pads, fork seals, belly pan for use without fairing) and the side stand shown.

$7,995 in Talking Rock, GA. It will be at Barber for the AHRMA races and Vintage Festival Oct. 7 - 10.

Cheers,

Dave

2. Motogpdr

Motogpdr Active Member

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Done.

Cheers,

Dave

4. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

So is this an SOS1 bike in ahrma or SOS2?

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

SOS2 with bump up to SOS1. SOS2 is water cooled 450's and air cooled 600 cc 4 valve singles. The latest and greatest 450's are making really good power and their powerplants are light and compact. The hot ticket would be to put a modern 450 water pumper in the Harris frame and destroy the competition. Plumbing up a radiator might be a challenge due to space limitations, but 2 small radiators outboard on either side would probably do well. For a vintage bike it goes quite well, and I'm confident a better rider than I could really show what it can do. If you wanted, I'd entertain selling the bike without the SRX engine that is in it - it is a good piece and I can put it in a SRX street chassis I have.

Cheers,

Dave

grandpanot likes this.
  6. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

For clarity, SOS1 in AHRMA is dominated by KTM 690's (Husky 701's) and Kramers. 75+ hp and handle like GP bikes. But, unless you have $20,000+ to put into a singles racer . . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

grandpanot likes this.
  7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Whats it worth as a roller?

8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

$4,500.

Cheers,

Dave

9. baconologist

I’ll be followimg closely. Thats do able of I can sell off a bike first.

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Whatcha selling? Not looking to add anything - just curious.

Cheers,

Dave

11. baconologist

A DR and a Street Triple

12. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

ADVRider Fleamarket is your friend.

Cheers,

Dave

baconologist likes this.