1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was so excited when I was old enough to be the antenna “machine” that climbed up the tower and turned it towards the other town 75 miles away that had tv stations... before me they were called Tim, Nick, and Rick, my uncles... times did change after me and they got a fancy one like pictured...

Once a Wanker.. and Pixelator like this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I need one of those. Fox doesnt tune well for me

britx303 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I missed seeing the JFK assassination, I was working that day. I do remember going to my grandfather's house and him listening to the Phillies games on his Philco radio. It was about 5 feet tall, 3 feet wide and had a dial the size of a dinner plate. When it was just starting up it would hummm loud enough to hear it in the next room.

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I was home sick from school, told my Dad when he walked in the door from work .. he didn’t believe me ..,

7. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I was 4 when that happened, I just remember my mom crying and I vaguely remember tv coverage of the funeral.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

"Best 10 year challenge" award winner.

[​IMG]

L8RSK8R, sharkattack, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

10. Banditracer

11. Banditracer

12. Banditracer

13. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Some may recall Neo asked the same question as @auminer. Morpheus' response wasn't as direct, though.
    upload_2022-1-16_21-58-37.png

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That fucker is hanging by meathooks and being used as a dart board at gitmo.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

British Tabloid?....

18. Robin172

Yep, the Sunday Sport. High class journalism at it's finest.

19. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

So, whadaya know, the Weekly World News business model still works in the UK.

20. Robin172

There was a documentary on television in the UK in the late 90's about it's sister paper "The Daily Sport" and it was bloody hilarious. It showed them all sitting around discussing the stories and the headlines they were going to run.

At the time there was a sketch show on TV and one of the regular catchphrases was "Suits you sir." Well they came to discuss what headline they would use when Gianni Versace was shot and killed and it came down to either "Versace Goes Out Of Fashion" or "Shoots You Sir" they used the latter.