1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it with car people?

Discussion in 'General' started by baconologist, Jan 14, 2022.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Why is it you tattoo'd fuckers feel the need to wear tank tops, booty shorts and flip flops when its 8° out if no one is supposed to admire the sheer fucking awesomeness???

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Or atheist.

Or vegan.

Or pilot.

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i don't own a tank top. or booty shorts. couldn't tell you. flip flops year round = guilty haha. shoes are like...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You must be new here. It's the off season. They have not really gotten serious about complaints yet.

SGVRider and baconologist like this.
  5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Put a "Coexist" sticker on the back of your Prius and you'll never have to talk to anyone again.

SGVRider, Rico888, tgold and 5 others like this.
  6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I drive exotics every day for a living. I'm with Broome, people don't usually talk to me about them. Hell, a bright red Ferrari barely gets anyone to look at it even. Murcialago's have always been an exception, people freaking love those things.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

doesnt work for me. In fact, I took the various teams magnets off the Mazda because I got sick of people wanting to talk to me. I did put a share the road bike cycle shaped magnet I found up at the car wash in their place but that really just pisses people off and they give you the finger.

8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

You havent lived until you drove up to a busy gas station in a Murcielago. 30 min question and answer a session each time (its a buddy of mines car, not mine).

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

But it’s on my Sierra not a Prius :D

97ED6B5A-6987-4334-920C-43A46E567722.jpeg

auminer, tl1098 and TurboBlew like this.
  10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I don't get all coo-coo bananas over cars.I will notice them of course,but won't pester anyone.
    I'm the asshole that's gonna pester the shit out of you about you're dog.Just today I came out of
    Walmart,and some burly dude in overalls had a dachshund sitting on his arm looking out the window
    of his truck.It was a beautiful tri colored wire hair.I made a b-line to him,and started talking to him.
    Very nice guy,and gorgeous pup,and it literally made my afternoon.

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I don't have a car.

12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

What's wrong with 914s and Boxters?

13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of an old Frank Sinatra saying ; Ferrari’s are for people who want to be someone, Lamborghini’s are for people who are someone …. :D

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Flip up doors are Baja de panty

15. I always do the same. :D

Gotta be careful though, some dogs are very territorial when it comes to reaching inside vehicles.

I always take my time, keep my hand outside the window, and let the dog make the first move to approach me.

ToofPic likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I have this 'COEXIST' sticker on my F150...

[​IMG]

EDIT: I should've known better than to post this without reading the rest of the thread!

17. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

What you mean you don't carry a Tbone in your pocket, just for these occasion.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you have to request your own bitchslap @Johnny B :Poke:

bbs bylaw 274669 states “editing with a repost acknowledgment does not cancel the bitchslap from Jonny B”

in other words take it like a man :crackup:

auminer and ToofPic like this.
  19. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but most likely partake in my fair share...lol

I'm certified Cars/Bike stupid... almost any car/ bike, even mini Vans..I'm a car/ bike enthusiast no doubt. Well talk all day about anything.

I work with and around many hotrodders and alot of Porsches.
    I mentioned this a few days ago in another post nothing is more nauseating then a well-to-do fat white guy at a Barrett Jackson/Mecum car auction...or if you've ever been to one of the large West coast Rennsport Porsche events, actually just about any Porsche event arrogance fills the air like humidity.
    Some "Purists" are just the worst motherfuckers there are....always quick to point out others faults.
    We've rolled into events with the 993 tt that burps & spits flames out 3' so it's hard to not get attention, the purple72 RS restomod a 400+ h.p. 930 restomod. There's a built Renualt Turbo 2 that belches flames too..lol
    Have helped build driven/showed and sold 15+ 914-6 conversions one being a full in Tube framed wide body sporting a 400+ h.p. n/a, G50...cars are fast and fun way way quicker than most any 911 outside of a GT3 , been working on two awesome lil 356 6 cylinder outlaw conversions.
    Now I understand purists from a monetary point of view...but when they arrogantly start snubing your ( fun) cars...just F off and go sit on a stick.. douche bag...
    Cars,Trucks,Bikes are all bout the individuals...and that what's 0' so great.

I've always had one quirky car or another..and twice ran into Jay Leno on the road...I had a V-8 conversion Japanese Desert truck, he was in a Duesenberg... He stopped and took the time to come and pop my hood and we talked for almost 10 minutes about our cars as I was kind of familiar with Duesenbergs..that put a BIG smile on his face.
    And twice the 2-stroke extravaganzas he came up to look at my bikes and gave me a thumbs up.

To me that's what it's all about; I like that guy..he don't give a rats ass where your from, your status etc.. He's just like us, I'm just like him except without big $$$ ..I suppose that's why so many people identify with him.. underneath he's just a regular guy.

True...We all have to endure others reminiscing in the tall stories of how fast they're 750 Triples were...or CBs, GSXRs,R1s etc..I'm guessing many of us, myself included are not much different.
    The thing is... Just about anybody who takes the time to get together and talk about them, is relevant as they have had them, enjoyed them or still have them..even if their just dreamers..it's all good.
    As stated by another in a post above, a mechanic we know totally unassuming you never guess he was a Porsche air-cooled Master mechanic, his normal car is pretty darned nice ChryslerPacifica Van. Just a damn nice guy who's owned every Porsche that you can think of ..911,912,914,914-6..930s, Turbos ,and a very nice 928S. He built a Boxster S that would humble most any 911 at a autocross event..
    Like me or anybody else our age and my friends we all had a fairly wide assortment a muscle cars hot rods and motorcycles etc..probably covering the full spectrum from Volkswagens to Supercars... sometimes even a down on his luck drunk guy in front of the liquor store would surprise you to where he's been and what he knows.

I'm trying to think real hard about any vehicle I've ever owned if somebody has not approached me to talk about? Even my Astro Vans I would get approached or a thumbs-up almost daily..lol
    My yellow KR RZ350 and my Daytona Special, whenever I rode them or pull them out of my garage was like an irresistible magnet to virtually any man 40-70 they would all stop, talk ,point, give thumbs up.
    You simply can't ride those type bikes.... Without somebody wanting to share your happy same thing with vintage Volkswagens.

Smiles per Mile...everyone's happy.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    BigBird likes this.