1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2 stroke street bike

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just saw this, too bad they can't come here.

Ducati89 and evakat like this.
  2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Looks fun.

3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Looks interesting.. but for $ 29,000. USD they can go pound Sand ….
    Don’t they know a two stroke needs to be at least 500cc and a 750 cc engine is more desirable, and what we really want is a 1000cc two stroke .. they need to get their shit together.. :D

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I liked the bike, but HOLY CRAP 29K?

evakat likes this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Kawasaki needs to bring back the 750 triple. I'll probably never buy another new bike, but I would camp out in the dealer's parking lot for that.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  6. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Did I see 52 hp? You'd think in 40 years they could at least develop more horsepower than a cat restricted US model RZ.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Needs white wheels.

969 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I didn't see the price, looks like fun but not for that kinda coin.

9. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Yep... looks super cool and neat. But at $29k... just priced themselves out of business. A few will be built for collections.

10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Ironically, at the end of the video, a link for an Allen Millyard video came up. He's known for building crazy engined stuff. Come to think of it....I wonder how hard it would be to graft the gearbox for the KTM300 to a billet crankcase, with 2 cylinders.... I know I can build the crankcase, so it's just down to how to get the power to the wheels. Building a gearbox is way above my capabilities. So a 100hp 600 twin would be fun.

11. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Why cant they come here?:D

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'd just get a plated KTM 300 TPI and have a bit more horsepower. Throw some 17" wheels on it and get the suspension setup and you're $15K ahead.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  13. motoracer1100

I like to follow most of these kinda stories .. back around 2012 some guy was building a twin jug CR 500 V twin engine .. but it appears it was never finished , then another with a custom built 1000cc twin two stroke .. same thing .. never saw a completion . I have a 99 R1 waiting for such transplant .. but it doesn’t look like it will happen in my lifetime ..

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

BRC will have a twin that drops into an R6 chassis eventually. They've come through on all their other announced engines.

dave3593 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That one seemed pretty cool.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Lets build one and store it in your 6 car garage so I can race it!

17. motoracer1100

Interesting.. but very vague with spec’s other than parallel twin with 120 HP and up to 150 HP . No mention of actual size in CC’s they have a section on website to order , but no mention of cost , so it seems more like a feeler ad to determine possible interest.. but I will send them my info to see what kinda response I receive from them …,

18. motoracer1100

If it actually comes to market , and it’s not a million dollar kit , I would build one .. and store it in my 60x40 barn … but when “ we” are not racing it , we might have to talk about 914’s … :crackup:

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sure you build me a 6 car and you can store it here.

motion likes this.
  20. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Well none of could come close to building the same bike for that price.
    It's a enthusiast bike, no doubt.

It would easily cost about 15-20+k to rebuild and restmod a Uber trick RD400 /o Triple or a RZ350. Easily exceeding 20 k if your paying a fabricator and all labor....
    On the 500s; RZ/Gammas your looking art 7+k just for a motor.
    Used 30 year old in great condition RGs, NSR, TZR 250s are 15k..that's before restoring one too.
    In a world where new stock GSXRs are 20k, RSV4s & Ducatis are 25k ...then one adds 10k of go fast goodies and engine work...A trick true hand built, Craftsmen bike starts to make a lil sense to probably enough people to make it a viable lil enterprise.?