1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it with car people?

Discussion in 'General' started by baconologist, Jan 14, 2022.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

You drive something cool and every swinging richard thinks you want to talk about cars. Or worse yet hear about their “cool” collection, or what they had....STFU already
    i drive my car out of need only.
    Worse than some certain make bike cliques....

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    backbone likes this.
  2. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

What kind of cool car?

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

Maybe??

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Was it an Audi? German? I’d like to talk about it? :D

5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Sounds like a girl with big tits wearing a tight shirt complaining about the attention.

6. baconologist

Big difference between “nice tits” and wasting 10min talking about your wife's augmentation surgery.

Past Glory likes this.
  7. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Is this one of those "humble brag" things? :confused:

Dragginass, tiggen, Rebel635 and 4 others like this.
  8. baconologist

No, it’s an i hate car people thread.
    I don’t give a damn about you 59 LS7 copo whaterver the hell it is with original interior and glass.
    There’s some folks around here with seriously cool hardware, you almost never hear about it tho. Look at car forums, or deal with car people on the street and it’s nothing but a measuring contest for them. And a waste of time and oxygen.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  9. sdg

sdg *

I was just having this conversation today. I do not want to drive something that gets attention. At all.

Once a Wanker.. and baconologist like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So. A minivan.

BigBird likes this.
  11. sdg

sdg *

The Tacoma works pretty well

CharlieY, Bloodhound and baconologist like this.
  12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Trucks and bikes.

Cars are for the ladies.

Once a Wanker.. and baconologist like this.
  13. I like to drive nice shit, but only because I like it. I think it is fun and exciting. I like new stuff, lots of gadgets, etc. For me, vehicles are fun.

But it damn sure isn’t to get attention or have conversations. I’ve lived in this city for a long time, and don’t know anyone…and don’t care to.

Been going to the same gym 12 years, never had a single conversation with anyone. Don’t even know anyone’s name.

Same for my neighbors. I’ve lived in this house for about 12 years also. I wouldn’t recognize my neighbors if they walked by me.

Put my antisocial nature, with my permanent resting bitch face that screams “I don’t want to talk to you”, and I don’t have to worry about having conversations about my vehicles.

It is possible to drive a nice car, without having conversations about it. I don’t talk to anyone about their cars, and nobody talks to me about mine.

If you find yourself having unnecessary conversations about cars (or anything), then you need to work on your assholeness.

FastByKids, Rich, Kolbe and 7 others like this.
  14. Knotcher

Yeah… definitely the Porsche for you.

notbostrom, ToofPic, CharlieY and 2 others like this.
  15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Nobody talks to vette drivers. U need a vette

16. Knotcher

The vinyl jackets with patches all over that say Corvette and Indianapolis scare everyone away.

Source: owned a c4 Z06.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't drive my Porsche 911 around much anymore because I'm sick and tired of listening to losers who used to own a Porsche 914. Or, even worse, Boxsters or Cayennes. Leave me the F&*ck alone, you hairdresser.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You should definitely get a mini Cooper

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I used to tell people that my old girlfriend at the time owned my drift car to not have to talk to them in some parking lot, and these nerds would go bother her and she'd be like WTF?

At least with the Speed Triple it was mostly old dudes telling me about their Bonnies or how they took their wife of 40 years on a first date on a Triumph and shit, it was kinda endearing. I'm seriously loathing the eventual day that my RS250 thingy is done and I go anywhere with it. I like that if I build something cool, people think its cool. I don't like or care about them knowing it was actually me that did it or talking to me about it at all.

20. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

It’s what George Barber drives - if it’s good enough for him it’s good enough for you.