1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car dealer allocation

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 12, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, they've been calling you since you got that car. How old is it now?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

3 model years with the new ones coming in, I think I got it at the end of the 2019 model year and the 20s were coming in. The calls picked up when it went in for service and they saw the mileage.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, I'm thinking of a different car. You were talking about them calling you years ago (or maybe trying to buy it every time you went in for an oil change or something). Sam's car, maybe?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The A3 cabrio had less then 13k on it in 4 or 5 years we owned it and they jizzed Their jordaches every time it went for a service.

I got the Q5 for her and I never even sat in it other then to drive it to get gas or drive it in for service. Too digital for my analog world but I drove it for a bit when my big blue milf wagon was busted.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, I don't think I noticed that you got a Q5. I was still thinking of the convertible.

6. Agreed. I absolutely HATE going to dealerships. The way they act and talk and it is just all bullshit.

I like building them online and ordering them because:

1. I can build it exactly like I want it.

2. I can stay logical (relatively speaking :D).

Meaning, I am not tempted by all the new shiny shit. I won’t test drive something and be like “Oh I like this one!”, I don’t have to worry about falling for any tricks and “special deals” and shit.

3. Again, I can get the exact vehicle I want while eliminating 90% of the human interaction from the transaction.

7. I actually don’t have a problem with that, IF he would have been completely upfront.

If that is the case, then simply say “These are in high demand. I can’t guarantee we will get one; I have to wait till allocations come out. But I can say that if you want one, you should get the paperwork and deposit in now. If not, and we do get one, it will be spoken for immediately”.

I would have been ok with that. Like I said, just be upfront and honest about the whole deal.

I can deal with anything, as long as they are upfront and I’m allowed to make an educated decision. Don’t drag me along for 3 months playing fucking games.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

we did have the Subaru for a few years as a commuter/ third car but I don’t think I ever mentioned that thing out of embarrassment and no one wanted to buy that thing. :D

BigBird likes this.
  9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Losing $5K would be the best investment he's ever made :crackup:

BigBird, HPPT and rd400racer like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

@motion is the only guy in the world a financial planner is like..."yeah, go ahead and race. You'd be better off racing than investing. There is a higher chance of return on that then you investing your own money"....

:D

11. :crackup:

The $5k doesn’t bother me as much as the principle of the thing.

If I find out he truly has been fucking me around, I won’t hesitate to shitcan the whole deal and go elsewhere. With or without losing the deposit.

12. I’ve been getting similar calls and voicemails from Jaguar.

If there was an RSQ8 or Cayenne Turbo GT I wanted sitting on a lot somewhere, I would do it.

But like you, I’m not gonna sell my car back and then sit SOL for months waiting for another new one.

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You know if you sell the jag now and drive a shitbox for a while until the vaporware Kraut mobile comes in...you'll appreciate it even more.

Edit...even better than a shit box....get a tiny ass EV.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chris, do you own a pick ‘em up? Might be a tight fit but those raptor trucks are pretty kick ass if you can find one. Might be worth having a second car.

15. Ive thought about that. Especially because I don’t know how long this demand on used cars is gonna last.

I might come out money ahead by selling the SVR, then spending $10-15k on a shitbox. Then just trading it in when the new one shows up.

If I knew the exact date of the new one showing up, I might would do that.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Actually the opposite. Not sure about North US, but the US is the only market getting the manual transmission. ROW (rest of world) are only getting DSG.

The manual is down a little on power, I'm assuming the clutch is from the old model with less power, so they just went with that. US had a higher than normal ratio, think 50/50 auto to manual on the R.

DSG is so much better though.

17. I don’t.

I had the 3/4t diesel when I had the 41’ 5th wheel Toy Hauler.

But I got tired of the small garage in the RV, and tired of driving the bigass truck around the city.

That’s when I shitcanned the whole setup and got the Diesel pusher RV, 18’ trailer, and the Porsche for a daily driver.

There is maybe once every 6 months that something will come up that makes me want a truck. But it doesn’t happen often (or is a strong enough feeling) to actually go get one.

I don’t hunt or anything like that. Really don’t have a need for a truck as long as I have an SUV/Crossover that can haul the 6x10 open trailer.

18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm getting tempted with all their offers. May need to call and tell them just how little I've used this and see if they want to get near what KBB is showing me.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

free-png-middle-finger-png-images-transparent-middle-finger-11562850816innwjbbw82.png

auminer, ChemGuy and Gorilla George like this.
  20. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

We ordered a RS in late November and got a notification that it should be prepped and ready for pick up next week from Columbus Audi. Not sure if options packages make a difference.

BigBird likes this.