1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021-2022 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 17, 2021.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

That’s because you are a Kid … having grown up watching the 500’s race .. and still believing that was the best Era of motorcycle racing . If it was up to me , I’d bring them back and that would separate the so called contenders with there modern electronics, and riding aids and get back to when your right wrist controlled the action .. that was real racing .. half of the now contenders wouldn’t make 3 races in row without being in the Hospital.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Thats what I am saying, Stoner is not the GOAT. He is the Foat. Fastest of All Time. MM would be the Goat because of his performances in Moto2 alone.

Put it this way, had Rossi had to run Moto2 instead of 250,s he would not have made it. He aint got that kinda fight to win from the back or pit lane.

3. motoracer1100

And talking about moving the goal post .. back and forth .. you bring up the multiple championship of the pre 500 days then the in the same breath, the 500 ‘s are two old to consider .., you prove my point that no one can agree on parameters..

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, I may be young and dashing, but I watched 500s race for 15+ years before the switch. They were when I grew up with.
    "500s don't count" was me making fun of you after you moved the goalpost to "modern", man. :D

If I were to come up with the final five contenders for GOAT, three would have raced 500s.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

"Not this shit again"
    NTSA?....

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

No. It’s tightly correlated because motorsports is advertising. :)

7. motoracer1100

If it happened in my adult life .., it’s Modern to me :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

[​IMG] :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

BigBird likes this.
  10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's been 213V for a while now...like an Accord..
    They don't change the name each time they make a redesign

12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Nicky won on the 211, they changed to 212 for the 800 redesign I think and at the end of that it went to the 213. I think that’s right.
    The ‘22 bike is a completely new design. They aren’t changing it as the press release says 21-3.

BigBird likes this.
  13. motoracer1100

:crackup::crackup:Those were produced up until 1927 … I may be Old .. but that’s a stretch… but your ability to move goal posts and then blame the person you moved them on is astonishing.. but very entertaining… Thanks for the smile :D

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

16. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, Ferrari shut the door on Rossi for their hypercar project but seemed to leave it open for GTs? They still missed the boat, but I'm sure Rossi leveraged his Ducati/Audi race team connections for this drive. It seems like a winning team so the results are in his hands.

Now how the hell do we watch this series in the states? :D

BigBird likes this.
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The way the team owner spoke it seemed like they really wanted Rossi, who knows how he'll succeed driving but it's damn sure more attention to gt cars than they have had in a long time

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Also Marquez is back on a MX bike and cleared to test the GP bike so that's good for him. Not sure if I'd keep riding MX vs flat track if I was him though

19. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Looks like you can watch live online or on CBS Sports. I'm not sure if they mean 2021 or 2022 for CBS Sports, but good to know.

Another interesting thing is there is a some overlap between their calendar and MotoGPs calendar. Most notably, Rossi will be racing at Magny-Cours on the same day as MotoGP is racing at Le Mans. I'm curious to see how viewership and attendance is impacted, especially if Rossi is competitive in that series.

BigBird and noles19 like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think GT cars draw any kind of crowds.

noles19 and BigBird like this.