1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was just “what if’n” and out of my respect for all involved I’ll stop that. For the record I have no knowledge of anyone’s plans and haven’t spoken to any of those mentioned about any of it.

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Yes... You are feeding into the silly season thread nicely

[​IMG]

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I wasn’t trying to really.:crackup:

We could discuss putting Petrux on an endurance team V4S to get the tire thing sorted, and then talk about a tribe of Indian baggers to really get it going.

grasshopper and koth442 like this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

And since flattrack isn’t my bag but my team partners love and will support it, you can swing that arena right Nick?

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Flattrack I'm definitely a fan of and do listen to several podcasts that update what's happening and spread rumors. If I do start conversations regarding anything silly season regarding AFT I will most certainly be scrutinized by none other than Mr. @Robby-Bobby

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about this- having blown up many Ducatis myself, I can say that the new generation 899/959/1299 engine is very different. Plain bearings, etc.. Nothing like the old 848/1198.

I think the Ducati will finish. And I think the balancing of Next Gen bikes will be better than most people think, too.

grasshopper likes this.
  7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Hey I'm all for those bikes holding up the 57 grueling laps of the D200.
    Even better for the fans and the rider. Boring to have to race all by yourself:confused:

Gino230 and koth442 like this.
  8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

9. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Do we have any idea as to what the SBK grid is even looking like yet?

Isn't round 1 in like 3 months?

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I remember it kind of being always like this, with the grids not being settled until fairly close to round 1.

koth442 likes this.
  11. henry_carlson

IIRC registration closes sometime in February. Even so we have had announcements well after that (Cam P last year, Herrin in 2020, etc. )

12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I see that the Fonger isn't set on anything yet? :( That dude is by far my favorite rider.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Working on that as we speak.... Not a lot of options, but we are working on it.

418, koth442, Circacee and 2 others like this.
  14. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Superbike 22

M4
    (1 bike) Jake lewis

Attack
    Cam Peterson
    Jake Gagne

Westby
    Mathew Scholtz

HSBK
    Petrucci

Wyman will be on BMW.

Gino230 and evakat like this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Which Wyman?

16. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

What about Aussie Dave???
    Austin Yates?
    Hayes BMW?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is that all confirmed or just the rumor at the moment? If it’s facts then it bites the hairy ass. :(

18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I do think M4 should give Jake a shot at it.. But would they give up Cam P? Why would they only run 1 bike? They already have the bikes built, Cam P is staying put at M4 for sure. IMO..

My prediction;

M4:
    A: Cam P
    B Jake Lewis, Tom Sykes, or someone with money.

Attack Yamaha:
    A: Jake Gagne
    B: Toni Elias (big maybe though, but would make sense from the talent pool perspective) JD Beach would make me ultra happy.. I don't see anyone from STK1000 taking this seat, or from Supersport..

Westby:
    A: Matty Scholtz

Scheibe BMW: -(hear me out)
    A: Tom Sykes. BMW sends him over with money and some new bikes. Scheibe did really well in 2020 with Herrin and 2021 with Hector Barbera
    B: Hector Barbera (maybe he stays on the old bike?)

KWR: Maybe he picks up a Suzuki and M4/Ulrich assist him a little but, sort of like Attack helping Westby. Just because Travis is riding a BMW, doesn't mean that Kyle would, I find it strange that people just keep linking BMW based on that reason alone.
    A: Kyle Wyman

ADR: Dave seems to have listed some serous kit of a bike for sale on this very site.. I hope it's being replaced and he stays in SBK. I love seeing the FLY Racing guys. Bikes look cool and the underdog appeal makes me root for them hard.
    A: Bradley Ward?
    B: Jason Uribe?

WarHorse Ducati:
    A: Petrucci
    B: They need this very badly.. Was PJ's relationship strained with them after the fireball fiasco?

Wish list:
    Kawasaki-
    Would love to see some Kawi's in full SBK trim. I love the stuff Freddy does with the SBU ZX10R, would be neat if they could get some support together and put Jason A or Cory Alexander on it for a full season. Stefano Mesa would also be a damn good hire. In STK1000 trim they are almost always in the top 10 competing with the full SBK's.. Kawasaki has had the same basic engine/chassis since 2016 (Gen 6 stuff seems to fit my bike aside from some electronic bits, a lot of the KIT parts are even the same)

Honda- Again, would be cool, would prolly come with a foreign rider, which isn't bad. Look what Elias did to the talent bar of this field. Send over one of those Irwin kids from the BSB paddock. Those son's a bitches ain't scared of shit.

Dudes who absolutely deserve rides (IMO)
    JD Beach-SBK
    Bobby Fong-SBK
    Jake Lewis -SBK
    Toni Elias-SBK
    Kyle Wyman-SBK (although I think he enjoys running his own show)
    Hayden Gillum-STK1000
    Stefano Mesa-SuperSport -dude is an absolute animal and super nice.

There's my daily ramble

19. henry_carlson

rumor mostly. i will say idk who pablo escobar is in real life but that dude is plugged the f in. he hasnt missed much over the past 2 years ive been on here.

we only have gagne, scholtz and florov confirmed for 22

20. 392

392 Well-Known Member

confirmed.

@Trainwreck M4 didn’t give up Cam. He left them to go to Attack. Better bike/opportunity.

418 likes this.