1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Football Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by Past Glory, Jan 12, 2021.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Done! Intercepted and pick-6!!! now to run out the clock

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

What a game!

Gotta be awesome for #13!! Amazing!

3. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Kirk Herbsteit a fine QB from THE Ohio State University was absolutely spot on calling the game.

Despite the refs calling very favorable game towards Bama, Georgia just kept grinding.

This might be one of the best Championship games since that 3rd string QB made his run.

Man, if I had the nutz to gamble I could of financed two years of racing.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Where are the Bama Fans now?

ToofPic, Jedb and R Acree like this.
  5. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

^Dang Marc, rub it in! :crackup:

6. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Love it! Anybody but’Bama

7. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Fuck Nick Saban. Also good game Georgia, that was some solid defense.

cpettit and ToofPic like this.
  8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Did Nick Saban fuck your wife or girlfriend at some point. Or, are you some pussy boy that hates winners. LOL

Congrats Georgia…

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I was a handsome young college boy last time I got to see UGA take the National championship. Had to live into my 60's to see it a 2nd time. Braves, Dawgs in one year. Wow.

ToofPic likes this.
  10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yeah..I remember being at the hunting camp with my dad the last time they won.My dad excited yelling at the radio,Larry Munson (spelling?) calling the game R.I.P.
    Now if we could just get rid of the Atlanta Falcons ...:)

pfhenry likes this.
  11. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Congrats Georgia,now if that famous alumnus can win that would also be great.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Some of this stuff is pretty funny in retrospect. :D

Jed and R Acree like this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Tide pooped out...congrats to the Dawgs.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Meh.... Alabama had 30 rushing yards total.

If you can't run the ball, you are losing in the trenches, which is where the game is actually played.

Bama got whooped like a redheaded stepchild, as predicted.

15. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

But Georgia wasn't subbing in cheerleaders, and until the late pick six interception the outcome was still very much in doubt. Bama was moving the ball with plenty of time left on the clock for a TD and another 2 point conversion attempt. I'd seen this crap before and fully expected the game to be dramatically tied with time running out and yet another Bama win in OT. The pick six put that to rest.

I must admit I was never a true believer in the strength of the Georgia D until I saw how many times they kept Bama out of the endzone with 1st and goal. That was damn impressive.

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

GA was able to win the line of scrimmage and get pressure on Bryce Young who was without 2 first round NFL caliber WRs. That was the game in a nutshell. Neither side effectively ran the ball and Stetson Barrett made more plays down the stretch to pull away.
    What was clear is the two best teams were on the field last night and the playoff system works just fine as is.
    Congrats to GA fans. It's been a looooong time and waking up today with a natty trophy headed to Athens likely feels like a weight off the shoulders.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The first half was an epic defensive battle. GA was wicked tough in the red zone.

YamahaRick likes this.
  18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Glad that's over. My hope had been that our defense would show up (MIA in the SEC championship game for some reason) and put some pressure on Young for a change. That happened. Then we needed Bennett to step up and make it happen on offense. It took a while to get started but 4th quarter was pretty amazing.

Officiating was suspect as usual when you play alabama (not sure how you could call Youngs sack a "forward pass" and not have the same for Bennetts?) but UGA was able to grind it out. Sucks to see both WR's go out during UGA games, but UGA had a full season of players out for injuries as well and had some depth that was able to step up their game.

Interesting to see the walk on quarterback vs the Heisman trophy winner story. I am happy for Stetson and the team. It's about damn time.

Surprised that I didn't see more action from Pickens and mainly Bowers. Clutch plays but I thought I'd see more from both.

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The Heisman was a joke this year. There wasn’t even anyone really worthy of it so they gave it to the default team/position. Should have just skipped it this year and said…. Maybe someone will step up and play like they deserve it next year.

20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Georgia finally got to celebrate…I think…
    F38C8735-61EF-4B7A-A533-8BFA86AE6DEC.jpeg