1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Football Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by Past Glory, Jan 12, 2021.

1. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Go Blue!!!

motoracer1100 likes this.
  2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

:Puke:

:D:D

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Roll Tide.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Seems like they weren’t ready to play big boy ball.

BHP41, bigtime, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Blue is Definitely getting a whoopin! Hairy Dawgs!!:D

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

[​IMG]

7. FastByKids

Now we know why Xichigan fans are the only ones in the stadium to wear face diapers, they need to hide their face! :moon:

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

At this point, Michigan is just praying for one more field goal so that they don't look worse than Cincinnati. The SEC is simply on a different level.

CR750, BHP41, Paige and 1 other person like this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Can people please STFU about teams from pissant divisions playing in the big boy playoffs now?

Bama is the distant second-best team in the SEC despite the last game against Georgia. The next GA/AL game will tell the tale. They played like ass against Cincinnati and still blowout dominated them...it wasn't even a game.

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Awww... did the angry little man get triggered? Good.

11. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

How many heads are rolling tonight now that it’s another all SEC championship game. :crackup::D

tiggen likes this.
  12. FastByKids

And now presenting the lowest ranking / viewed Championship game to date.

Snoooze

Nightmare scenario for broadcasting. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

svracer22 likes this.
  13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Sucks for the rest of the country I guess, but that's the hand that ended up getting dealt. In spite of the loss to Michigan I felt like Ohio State presented a much better threat to win it all, given the chance. Certainly better than Cincinnati or Michigan.

Strength of schedule is such a nebulous thing in college football since there are only 12 games in a season and most of them are played in conference for each team. But c'mon. Cincinnati played only 2 ranked teams (Notre Dame and Houston) all year before meeting Bama. The fact that they had an early season win against Notre Dame says they really do have a good team, but spending the rest of the year playing 2nd tier teams is an easy road to an undefeated season. That's why the SEC remains the gold standard for strength of schedule for the time being, and it's why Bama and UGA deserve to settle this on the field.

I think it's going to be a great game and any fan of college football who chooses not to watch it out of spite for the SEC is only depriving themselves. Grab a 6 pack and enjoy the show.

CBRRRRR999, tl1098 and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Congrats to 'Bama and the Dawgs. I feel bad for those two high school teams they destroyed.

[​IMG]

tiggen, ToofPic, CBRRRRR999 and 3 others like this.
  15. FastByKids

Brown pants boy got a lesson in humility. Why he would tout having "the best defensive ends / offensive line" in the country? No need for poster board material. Dumb dumb dumb. The speed Georgia came in with overwhelmed their offence. And that stud linebacker sure would look good in a Browns uniform!

I think Ohio States offence was built to compete with the SEC. Alabama would of had a hard time keeping up especially with their depleted secondary, something Brown Pants boy didn't exploit. However, the Buckeyes defense is a year if not two away before it can stop a top ten offence.

Gulp, at the end of the day---the two best teams in the country landed in the championship game (for the second time in less than a month). If Georgia controls Bama's running QB I think the trophy goes to the Dawgs... Simply put, the rest of the country needs to do better to compete with the SEC (Or perhaps the SEC should raise academic standards :crackup:). Appears Ohio State and Clemson are on 2/3 year cycles to give them a run for their money.

16. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Much as I hate on ND , OSU etc... I'd love to see everyone step up their schedule and get some more competition at years end. Extended playoff would help too. The ACC, Miami and SEC have mosty dominated for 50 years. Only four other teams have really got any credibility during that time. And if the ACC and SEC didn't knock each other out in conference play and inter conference play it would be far worse.

17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I never liked the introduction of the BCS or the attempts to make it better. I'll admit being for playoffs, but I just want to see old school bowl invites and arguments. I think it was better for everyone who played a bowl game (and their vacation loving fans) and not just the playoff teams and national champ. I don't really watch or care enough these days for it to matter, so just old guy who's childhood team lost horrifically last night (which is a non-rose bowl tradition for UM).

18. FastByKids

Unfortunately the trend of high draft pick players "protecting themselves" and not participating in Bowl Games have diminished the value of the invites (IMO).

Might as well do what all the lower conferences do and have a true playoff system. Then teams might play tougher schedules and not fear losing as much.

My Buckeyes are now underdogs because many of their skill athletes aren't playing. Utah shall get false hope and a win verses a marque program---sigh.

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I disagree... you might get an 'upset' if you play #6 vs. #7 or #5 vs. #8, or something like that, but the top teams will always be that much better than the rest, and an extended playoff would not change that. Just look at the margin of victory in these games since the 4 team playoff began. There's only been like 3 that you could call 'close' ... seems like most are blowouts.

I mean, can you honestly say Notre Dame or OSU could bring anything to the field against UGA or Bama? I'm watching this game now, and I doubt it ....

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Nice pre-game excuse. :D

Once a Wanker.. likes this.