1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going south BigBird style

Discussion in 'General' started by Chino52405, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No image.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tons more room and easier access to everything.

For me for home and trips and such I prefer the Suburban - but mini vans are still great vehicles for what they are. I try to get one as a rental every time we fly out west, works best for hauling people and gear (I'd do a Suburban or Tahoe but the mini van I can get for no upcharge).

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Bring your shorts and swimsuits. It's going to be hot down here....

On the minivan front....my wife swore she'd never drive one. Then I knocked her up for the 3rd time and changed her tune. Having 3 kids in car seats is horrible without a van. The ability for an adult to climb in and access all the kids/seats is a game changer. Then there's the weather....when it's raining or freezing and you're stuck loading kids in an SUV with all the doors open, you realize how much sense a minivan makes.

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Looks like they finally figured out that minivans are ugly and gave it a nose

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Ugly!? Look at this RaceVan! (not mine specifically but exact same year/color/wheels)

[​IMG]

Edit to add: Got back yesterday and didn't have a single issue with kids or the van doing 4, 8 hour days (2 each way). I will say though, we left Memphis up I55 at 5am yesterday because the 2yo wouldn't sleep and holy shit the fog up through Arkansas and Missouri was bad. Looking at a map today and makes sense since that whole stretch runs along the Mississippi, just never white knuckled it in fog like that.

BigBird, Phl218 and SuddenBraking like this.