1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian Food:

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Working on the east side of Seattle spoils for great Indian restaurants. Some phenomenal food and it smells incredible.

Some of the food I’ve eaten in India is unbelievably tasty. So much complexity and spice. Chicken biriyani in Hyderabad is badass.

Indian food is for advanced eaters.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Goethe

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Dosa. Good stuff. Last one I had was with onions and very hot chilies.

a bit problematic 6h later but totally worth it

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the curry note, going to try to make a Thai curry later in the week :D

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Go get your coconut on!!

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Peanut Butter and coconut milk and you're sailing along the right coast... :D

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’m half Trinidadian, I used to eat everything island hot. At some point I decided the pain the next day wasn’t worth it. Just enough for flavor is good.

I once went to a Thai place and told them “Thai spicy”, they say “You sure? Very hot!” When my food came the entire staff showed up to watch me try it. I got it down just fine and they seemed to be impressed. :D

Not anymore though, I only do island mild. My relatives tease me and call me a white devil, but I’ll endure the shame to preserve my stomach lining.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, tried to recreate a Massaman Curry we got from a local joint, it wasn't the same - way more red than what they serve so the boss wasn't a fan even if it hit all of the low heat sweeter notes she likes. Upside is I've got some decent leftovers :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had a Thai place I used to go to in Arlington that would make me some stuff Thai hot. Some dishes “no! You die! We make spicy but not Thai hot.”

finally blew out my taste buds there when they made one of the dishes that they’d refused to make that spicy and now I can barely deal with Thai mild spice.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I find it semi-disturbing that you have that frame of reference.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He spends a lot of time in Africa

Gorilla George and R Acree like this.