1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie - Don't Look Up

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., Dec 26, 2021.

1. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Holy crap this movie is fun. So dead on a lot of our wacked out culture today. This movie plays like Idiocracy but 100 percent more plausible.

jonathanp, DmanSlam, Wingnut and 3 others like this.
  2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Yes! Watched last night; loved it. The commentary on today’s inattentiveness was spot on. I cracked up every time the old guy said something non-PC, they just said “he’s from a different generation.”
    Also, the news anchors trying to keep the news of the impending doom light and fun was classic!

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I enjoyed it, even if it did reflect too much reality.

borislav and sharkattack like this.
  4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Have you been out in the world lately? Idiocracy is a goddamned documentary.

5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yeah pretty hilarious for sure and like you said it was so farfetched but real haha

6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it was so weird

7. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Truer words have never been spoken

black knight likes this.
  8. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

I thought it was excellent. Dark comedy expertly executed.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Saw it last night too and thought about starting a thread! It was absolutely incredible. The main cast did an incredible job, probably the best I’ve ever seen from JLaw. The side characters were awesome. I loved the weirdo tech billionaire. Meryl Streep as the vapid moron President was sadly believable.

There were so many subtle little scenes that you could extrapolate into full fledged social commentary.

I believe 100% that it’s exactly how it’d play out in real life.

I almost never rewatch movies, I’d watch this again just to try catching more of the subtleties.

10. Never heard of it.

Does it have animals in it, or does a lot of shit get blowed up?

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

World discovers there’s a giant comet heading to wipe us out, then kind of just shrugs its shoulders and goes back to Instagramming and masturbation.

Gorilla George and L8RSK8R like this.
  12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I'm going to watch it. I want to see what oil drilling team they hire to go into space and set the bomb far enough in the asteroid. Is Bruce Willis the hero in this one again?

ToofPic likes this.
  13. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

That would be some kinda movie, animals blowing shit up.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Was definitely slap stick comedy of what’s going on in America the last couple of years. Surprised Hollywood had the nutz to make it.

15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I saw it in the theater a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. I think I heard it was the biggest budget ever for Netflix.

Also, I can't imagine this thread will go very long without someone getting banned.

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

It definitely leaned farther to one side than the other. I didn't think it was that entertaining but it made the wife happy.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

The politicizing of every single thing is so god damn true. The “how can I gain from this?” way almost everyone thinks is also incredibly true.
    Nothing happens in today’s world unless someone in the know is lined up to profit from it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

There are animals on very end after credits. There is probably seat for you in space ship to go see them :)

Gorilla George and Robin172 like this.
  19. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I just watched it last night. Sad and true. Loved the eccentric billionaire, (just how corporate interest ruins our world) I appreciated all the small flash scenes showing life around the planet

20. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

I wouldn't suggest petting them....