1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALiGNMENT RODS

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by Skip Chance, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Skip Chance

Skip Chance Member

Hey guys,

It’s been a very busy year, but these are back by popular demand. $140 a set plus shipping.

My dad Jimmy Chance made these back in the early 2000’s when he was racing with my older brother James. He has passed this on to me and now I am making them.
    They are a used to ensure the real axle is perfectly aligned with the bike. Improper alignment can lead to aggressive wear to chain and sprockets, as well as poor handling.

With this tool you can get precise alignment right down to the mm. They are also useful for measuring the wheelbase when making geometry changes, or simply when changing sprockets. Helps when keeping accurate notes.

Racing in the Stock 1000 championship we use these every time we make a wheelbase adjustment.

Each set comes in a nice storage tube as pictured with instructions.

*BIKE MUST HAVE HOLLOW SWINGARM PIVOT BOLT AND REAR AXLE WITH AT LEAST 5/16" (~8MM) HOLE OR BIGGER*

Call, email or Message me to get your own set. (psst... ask me about rear brake rotor lightening!)

Thanks you

Skip Chance
    912-659-8982
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

2. backho

backho Well-Known Member

By far, this is the best and most accurate method of doing alignment and other measurements.

TurboBlew and Skip Chance like this.
  3. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

email sent

4. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I bought these years ago, great tool.
    Didn't have a storage tube back then, nice addition.

TurboBlew and Skip Chance like this.
  5. herbie

herbie Well-Known Member

I also purchased these sometime ago from your dad, they work very well. I'd love
    to get one of those snazzy storage tubes if you ever decide to make them available.

Skip Chance likes this.
  6. Skip Chance

Skip Chance Member

You are not the only one asking. I’m working on making them available to buy as a separate item.

drop me an email and I’ll get you taken care of

7. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

My first reaction as well.

8. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

What is the rod made of ?

9. Skip Chance

Skip Chance Member

300 series Stainless Steel,
    6061AL cones

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.