1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California to ban portable gasoline-powered generators by 2028!

Discussion in 'General' started by duc995, Dec 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We’re they ever able to ban dark painted cars and large screen tvs?

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

They made foie gras illegal years ago when I was doing a job out there, turned into a black market item, now you can buy it out of state and bring it in. But its legal to put up tents, set up homeless camps, shit on the sidewalks and leave dirty needles laying around. California makes Florida look great, thats saying a lot

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yup. I had to ship my suit to a proxy. There's also a black market for soccer shoes.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You can't even mention California without the thread being a trap

tophyr, SuddenBraking and MELK-MAN like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Know my favorite Led Zeppelin song? It’s “Going to The State That Shall Not Be Named”. :D

baconologist likes this.
  6. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

Meh, its a nothingburger but a good move in the right direction, I hate blowers and lawnmowers and neighbours that use them, I prefer the au natural front yard. Anyway it will take about a hundred years for these things to die out so you will be able to stock up on on enough gas generators to see you out. Maybe the tracks will provide power outlet pedestals, who knows and eventually your 'leccy truck with have enough juice to run warmers all day from the lighter socker.

7. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

But then you won't make it home.

StaccatoFan and notbostrom like this.
  8. mattys281-2

mattys281-2 Well-Known Member

I just can’t wait til the go all in and ban gas automobiles. Just imagine trying to charge 20 million electric cars on a power grid that can’t even keep ACs and refrigerators running in the summer, even after buying good ole nuclear energy from Az and Nv. Geeze what a shit show that place is.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

10. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I'll never forget one time somebody's dog was running around loose at Willow Springs. Mr. Huth got on the PA and announced

"If somebody doesn't get that goddamn dog on a leash, I'm gonna catch the son of a bitch and feed it to the goddamn Cambodians!"

FastByKids, 23103a, Johnny B and 2 others like this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup:Sounds just like old Bill

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That’s about the only thing I ever heard of from there I can agree with. That shit is horrific.

On that note, though, modern first world humans are doing a bang-up job of doing the exact same thing to their own livers. Fatty liver disease has surpassed alcoholic cirrhosis as a base cause for liver transplants.

Yay humans! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's not politically correct. :eek: :crackup::crackup::crackup:

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was watching a famous vegan-tree-hugging French journalist on a TV set the of the day battling a famous fat fuck food critic on the subject. It comes up every year around the holidays. Watching that guy trying to defend the practice would be legit hilarious if it weren't so sad. The gyrations and contortions were almost physically painful. And obviously, cornering him is fantastically easy. He has changed his stance somewhat over the past year, acknowledging that industrial practices pretty much amount to torture but still maintaining that on a small farm, it's done with love and the ducks enjoy it. You know, because they speak to him and shot.

I'm not even going to pretend that I don't love the stuff. It's fucking delicious. But to argue that ducks want that done to them and that is the same as what they do in nature to prepare for migrations? That's how I am sure there is no one watching from above. Just like a lot of people I have encountered, that guy would spontaneously combust from the magnitude of his hypocrisy. His maker would remove him from the gene pool under some kind of lemon law. :D

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I am very conflicted with respect to foie gras. I have a simple rule that I don't eat guts.
    But then I love foie gras and liverwurst, so I have to pretend that they are not made from guts. I still don't eat hearts and gizzards and tripe and livers. I also believe that all of those yummy sausages and stuff all have artificial casings, too.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It's pretty easy to tell natural from artificial casings. If it snaps/pops, it's intestine. :beer:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Oh, I can tell if I want to know, but since I don't eat guts, they all must be artificial, right? I love the snap/pop of the casing on a good sausage. We certainly don't have a shortage of good sausages here in WI.

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  18. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I don't really eat foie gras just cook it for rich people, always a popular app on fine dining restaurant menus because its something most people don't do at home. The taste is ok for me but prefer seafood. But its on the cancel culture list. Just read an article that California thinks killing pigs is inhumane and they are postponing a law that would affect all the restaurants and farmers in the state. I'm telling you the state is nuts, have so many laws for stupid hippie shit, so many rules, but go to San Diego, LA, and San Francisco and its an absolute homeless shit show that has become normal and its ok, but don't force feed a duck and chicken and pigs have laws for themselves. Guess its easier to make animal laws instead of human laws to make the state better

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: There is meat on the outside of the animal and then there is the shit that keeps the meat fresh until you are ready to eat it. That gets dumped in to a pile outside far enough away that you can't smell it returning to its original state.

auminer likes this.
  20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Next thing is banning natural gas in houses so everything will have to be electric, like New York just did.

mattys281-2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.