1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stark Future electric dirtbike.

Discussion in 'General' started by YZROOSTINYA, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

How many used ones are in the market now? I spent 4k on my 450f.

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Fuck them Electric things .. next thing you know they will take BRRAAAP out of the dictionary. I’m having none of it !!
    CR 500 ‘s for ever !! :D

5axis and FastByKids like this.
  3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

A KX450SR cost ~$13k

4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

When I was 16 I was racing a CR480. 2-strokes forever!

5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Not sure which 450 you have, but when ridden hard, they're pretty labor and cost intensive. Much better than when they first wen to 4 strokes, where you were doing valves and swapping heads every 8 hours or racing. I would be curious to see the cost differences when you factor in that. Haven't had a new MX bike for years, so not sure if they're as consumable as before.

This reminds me of how things went with 2 strokes. Everybody was up in arms about the world would be no fun, and 4 strokes suck. Ok...bad example, because the world did end when they killed 2 strokes, but we still found a way to have fun on diesels. Tell you what, for the ice, i'm glad we've got 4 stroke dirtbikes, as they're not as likely to seize up!

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Nice .., I’ve got an IT 465 that I bought new in 81 and a 2000 CR 500 .. something about a Ping , Ping , Ping puts a smile on my face …

tl1098 and dtalbott like this.
  7. Ducati89

Kx. I dont ride it hard. Its mostly for trail riding maybe twice a year and nothing more than an endurance builder for the riding season.

Maybe this thing is worth it, maybe not. Right now, it was about 6-8k to replace the hybrid battery system on my Kia before I traded it in. Now Im sure the battery system on this is not 6-8k to replace in 3 to 5 years of use.

Its a novelty that Im just afraid will turn into insanity like I mentioned in the above post.

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Eletric MX bikes are better than the likely alternative, which would be a pedal bike. ICE for recreation and personal transportation is most likely coming to an end or at least going to be much more niche than it is already. That day might be 40 years out, but it is coming. The sooner companies start making alternatives, the sooner those alternatives will get better, cheaper and be more fun than they are today.

9. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

You had a HYBRID???? I would NEVER own a hybrid. :DWorst of all worlds. Yeah, I'm not bothered by electric options. I'm bothered by people selling it as this super green solution to ICE. Um....where did you get the lithium for those batteries? How was that electricity generated? Reminds me of why we have fuel system killing food in our fuel. Yeah...we can make fuel from CORN! Don't complicate the message by reviewing the reality of what it takes to create it! Just think of all the extra jobs they created replacing melted fuel systems.

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

What the hell???
    Did that rant make sense in your head?:crackup::crackup::crackup:

11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Ken, weren't you in that race where Ken Davis ran over my head? Actually....you might have as well for all I know. NOTHING makes sense in my head.

Dave was always the nicer one....

12. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

maintenance, riding style and a little bit of luck go a very long way on modern 4strokes for sure. My buddys 2013 kx450 is somewhere in the 400+ hour range on the original engine. Valves are still within spec and it still starts 2nd kick. He’s a top 10 A rider but doesn’t bounce the bike off the limiter and changes his oil regularly.

13. kenessex

Probably, was that at Blackhawk?
    Dave was always the nicer one. He was nice to everybody.

14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I can't remember which years, but it was in the earlier transition years to 4stroke. Had an early CR250 that ate valves like crazy. Seem to recall having to put multiple heads on it. Yes, I wrung it's neck, but I've done that with all my bikes before. I've had KTM's that were similar, though I don't recall having issues with the Yams I had.

15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

IRP in '86 I think. The first left after the back straight coming into the parking lot, was going inside Doug Gere, and he took out my front (my fault). Davis couldn't avoid me, and I know at least one other guy ran me over. C superbike I think? Davis was on an RZ500, so you probably were in the race, but not sure if you had yours at that point.

Yeah, Dave was nice to me, but I caught him rolling his eyes on me a few times. Warranted, grant you, but still.... :D

16. Ducati89

Im not taking the bait here. See you at Phil's place.

17. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

My 22 YZ450FX cost me $12k 3 weeks ago

9899 msrp plus tax, freight.. gets you there right quick

18. kenessex

I was probably in that race on my FJ600, but I didn't run you over. I only ran over Kim Casper at IRP and that was in the turn behind the grandstands in a clubman race, when he fell off in front of me.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

No. Controlling traction in rough and slippery terrain with your throttle is terrible technique and wildly imprecise.

No clutch? Fuck off.

20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yeah, now that I think of it, it was '85, and pretty sure it was my first race on my new Ninja 600. I fell sliding feet first, and Davis hit me dead center on my helmet and crashed on top of me, and then someone else ran my shoulder over and dislocated it. I was out at the first hit, and woke up at Methodist. I still have the helmet, and at one time you could see it was a Metzler Laser that hit me, which was pretty cool. My 3 year old kid decided to 'clean' it one day, and scratched most of the rubber off. :mad:

JBall likes this.