1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FINALLY...got a house!

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Hell no- a couple ghosts kicking around means I won't be drinking alone

JBall, rd400racer and SGVRider like this.
  2. Tristan

I think that's one of the few things we *didn't* buy... the auctioneer kept bundling stuff together, so we got boxes and boxes of stuff to get the one cool item in the lot we wanted.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

The taxes :eek:. We pay, oh forget it...it'll just make me sad

4. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Congrats. End of the street with water and woods surrounding half of you isn't bad.

Hopefully I get to join you soon. Most things I've looked at have jumped up $80k this year alone, and I refuse to play that game. $200k is the new starting point for floors, no broken windows, and a basement that usually doesn't leak.

5. Tristan

There's an awesome public BMX park at the other end of the street...too bad my body is in no shape for that shit

6. Tristan

Taxes on my current place (hopefully worth $150K) are $1300 A YEAR

7. Tristan

Interest rates are climbing, but we got in at 2.6something% on a 15 year loan

8. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Very smart move!

With some smart updating (get the house a bit brighter via paint /lighting) you are sitting on a some equity if you plan to sell. Not sure of the previous owner or situation but a smart 15K investment in updates would of had that house flying off the market in a bidding war.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That's a hell of an upgrade! Congrats Tristan.

10. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I know....NJ property taxes BLOW! I'm adding a 1000sq/ft addition to my house and I'll bet that puts me over the $10k/year mark. So sad since I bought my house in 2001 and taxes were only like $5000/yr.

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

NJ's nothing compared to just over the river in PA.

Straight madness.

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Pinky ain't clapped out. LOL

JBall likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

My post wasn't clear..........I meant directly over the river on 95 in Bucks County, PA (I used to live in NJ and wish my current tax rate was as low as that).

I bought my house for $500K in 2013 and my property taxes are north of $15K this year.

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

1) Costco Run
    2) All the Toilet Paper
    3) Streamers for days...

16. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Thats not too bad. My old beat has a section where the houses were that and now cant be sold for anything over 310k and have 15k a year in taxes.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

How far to Nelson and Pitt Race,both look fairly close.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

my house (0.5 acre, 60s split level) probably is worth less than yours now, but my taxes looks to be the same as yours

19. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I have a 60's ranch (about 1600sqft, not including the full finished basement) on 0.3 acres right off rt9 in commuter hell and the taxes are $9500ish. The new addition is going to jack that up!

BigBird likes this.
  20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Congrats!