1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original CBR900RR's $$$

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn A., Dec 14, 2021.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

2. Shawn A.

Shawn A. Well-Known Member

Stock gets the money. And to be honest, the black/red 1993 doesn't bring nearly the same money as the red/white/blue one.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You think anyone in Japan was thinking "that will be a good dragbike" when they were designing it? Might as well complain about the trap speed of the Gold Wing. Makes about as much sense.

By the way, I have seen one with the McIntyre turbo kit at the strip. What an exercise in futility…

stk0308 likes this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Star Boys be biddin’ dem CBRs up!

5. rd400racer

I don't know if you were responding to my post, but the black/red one is a 96. My point is, the 95 that I found on Cycle Trader is basically the exact same bike as the 93 with only 2700 more miles and cost damn near $50K more. Don't like the chrome swingarm, there are 100 stock swingarms for sale on Ebay. Whatever, the buyer got his dream bike

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yeppers!
    I had a pretty nice 95, and couldn't do anything with it.
    One weekend at Talladega, and brought it home and back to the old reliable f3.
    Beautiful bike and I loved looking at it, but that's where it ended for me

7. Shawn A.

No, I was referring to the other 1993 color scheme.

rd400racer likes this.
  8. ToofPic

And Sradts are fetching $ to:crackup:

9. ToofPic

I always thought the red was a little closer to a pink ish/ red but very cool for it's time e5f533125039c64473aec2fe119971ec.jpg

TLR67 and JBall like this.
  10. rd400racer

My son and I at Putnam. We did a track day there simply because he had never ridden a street bike prior to this, and the next weekend he was to take the WERA school and get his provisional at Nashville SS. We figured it wouldn't hurt to do a little track time the weekend before he was thrown to the wolves.

[​IMG]

11. Shawn A.

12. Shawn A.

[​IMG]

This is the other 1993 color I was referring to. They don't seem to bring the same money the red/white/blue '93s do.

This one fetched almost $13,500

rd400racer likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kind of like the same on a road course but damned fun to watch :D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What years did Labelle run those cbr900rrrrrs with ‘ski? They tried some pretty cool things on those bikes (I think there were a few).
    The dry ice air box/ induction was sano as f@ck.

the Erion bikes in AMA were tits.

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I had a beautifil 1998 in royal blue with gold lettering. Man I loved that bike. It got stolen in my garage a month and a half after I got it. I got a 2001 929 in red/white/blue in replacement with the insurance money and that was my favorite bike ever.

16. ToofPic

17. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

I know where a Black/Grey 1993 is that's still in the crate.
    It's 93 mile ( yes he did ) red/white/blue cousin sits beside it in the same garage.

18. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

F2 17 inch. Front wheel bolts right up.

969 likes this.
  19. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I remember about 6 years back a mint fresh one came into the shop for carbs. 93 red white and blue under 2k miles. I tried everything i could to buy it but they guy wanst having it. You see... he bought it new then went away to "college" for about 20 years. Amd he wanted to make up for lost time.

20. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

I didn't have the money as a kid. Raced an fzr400 but would have loved an rr. Couple yrs ago I drove 14 hrs to look at one. Rode it & drove right back home. Even racing a 600 at the time, the 900RR was really slow, terrible brakes - an old street bike just doesn't compare to a modern race bike. A beautiful, historic bike - just better to look at than ride.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.