1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

That Spa farce, err "race" was the deciding factor amongst all the other FIA bungling.

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Mercedes has lawyers present in their appeals. If this is a common practice to have lawyers on site, fine. But if not, it just shows Mercedes were not prepared to go down gracefully.

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I forgot all about that one. I was only giving him the after everyone pit red flag race and today as races handed to him. Forgot they gave him 5 free points in Spa too.

4. Chino52405

What calls did LH get this year? Silverstone maybe...even though Lewis made that pass 3 times in that race? I may have a short memory but definitely nothing coming to mind.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not sure what your point is. He ended up being a so far 7 time world champion. Was it a bad decision, on anyone's part? Is there something that he could have, should have, been doing to gain your respect? What's it going to take?

6. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

One of the commentators said it was the 1st last lap race winning pass since 2016,further proof that moto racing is wayyyy better!

BigBird likes this.
  7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

nut-swingers-nut-swingers-everywhere.jpg

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a big shake up with the new cars, I'm not expecting one, but I am hoping.....

Senna and cpettit like this.
  9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

My only point was that yes, his Dad worked hard and they slept on a couch, but he also got opportunities that many drivers don't get. I am fully aware of his talent and titles. If you really have to, go back in this thread and you will see I was a big Hamilton fan for years. But, I got tired of his shit. Dancing with Justin Bieber in front of the Royal Box at Monaco, wagging his finger at people while being a tax dodger. Then, not to get all Dungeony, let's just say he was on the wrong side of some topics as of late, trying to elevate criminals doing criminal things into heroes.

Talented. Yes. Oppressed. No.
    Someone I would want to have dinner with? No.
    Someone who I want to see dominate a sport and take away some of the entertainment sport should be? No.
    In fact, I wish it was more like 2012 when we had a bunch of need race winners, or whatever year that was when we went into Abu Dhabi with four drivers that could have won.

Because for me, this sport moved back into entertainment after being a passion. Snoozefest races, with people whining all the time on the radio about (insert tires, strategy, other drivers) and actual passes now needing steward review has slipped down the scale of entertainment.

I respect Hamilton. Doesn't mean I have to like him. It's a sport, you can like or not like who you want, and for the most part, you don't even need a reason or have to justify it to some rando.

VFR#52 and rd400racer like this.
  10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Poor Lewis

Dirty driving ??? You mean racing. Boo fucking hoo.

Photo likes this.
  11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That to me sums up most four wheel racing. A friend of mine's father was pretty good in saloon car racing back in the 60's/70's. I went to a few races, all they did was whine.

DrA5 likes this.
  12. BHP41

Okay then. Gold spoon but I think silver still fits better since Ron Dennis paved the way for him since is karting days.

DrA5 likes this.
  13. BHP41

Yep. And “the calls go RB way crowd” are upset by them. Max took that spot, Lewis should have given the place back that he took by short cutting the corner. But the calls go RB way ……

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The cars are just too fucking wide. Yeah, the dirty air thing is a huge factor, too, but I’m always amazed how huge they look on track.

DrA5 likes this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Too long and wide. The comparison between them and the cars just a few years ago is insane.

cpettit and DrA5 like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The only people making into crisis are bitches crying that Max should have been given the position back. He played dirty, he lost and had to try again. The officials let them race. That's what you want, right?

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Dirty! YgbFKM! That was a perfect block pass. LH had the choice to slow and follow him. Exactly how block passes work.
    But it was OK to go off the track, skip the corner, and stay in the lead??

DrA5 likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's usually what happens with block passes. Your reenter where you can.

19. Chino52405

I thought Max's pass attempt was exactly what he should have done at that point and it was brilliant to get it stopped and turned with no lock.

People are confusing this for some kind of blind fandom but it really isn't. The racing took a backseat to the officiating this year and that's shitty. I also think F1 needs to stopped airing it's bitchy infighting over the radio during broadcasts. Such a terrible look esp combined with the after the fact judgements and other non racing bs.

DrA5 and Yzasserina like this.
  20. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

Someone will always find something to complain about no matter which way it goes, the real problem is that the FIA did NOT follow their own rulebook in order to create a fake dramatic moment that will play better on TV/Netflix. Regardless of who wins as a result of this kind of thing, it does a huge amount of damage to the integrity of the sport.

This is strictly in reference to the call to not unlap the cars because they wanted Max to have a dramatic dash through traffic to catch Lewis on fresh tires, then deciding to unlap 5 cars but not all of the cars in order to not end the race under a safety car because there was only one lap remaining. They could have chosen to leave the lapped cars in place and restart with one lap to go, or they could chose to unlap ALL of the cars which would have ended the race under caution given the time constraints. What Masi decided to do, was some ad hoc BS and no one should be happy about winning or losing in that fashion.

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Bernd Maylander on his championship season.