1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Because he was momentarily the car in front when the cars passed teh DRS detection line.

Was this what Max was trying to do when he brake checked Lewis? Can't remember where that happened on track.

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Max dropped back and let Lewis pass in the DRS activation zone, being one second behind him. Then, on the straight, Max could use DRS and got past Hamilton.

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Every once in a while that dude does something that makes me like him.

Horner, on the other hand...

BigBird likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He gives off that Lin Jarvis vibe.

BigBird likes this.
  5. DrA5

Funny thing about that was when you saw Hamilton's onboard, he slowed way down too behind Max. I think he realized it was not a yellow flag/Safety car issue after that and just decided too late to pull out and pass. Was Max a bit squirrely, yes. I think it was one of those things where each was expecting the other to go the other way, but Max left room for Hamilton to get around. Max did what he was supposed to do. I don't think he wanted Hamilton to punt him from behind on purpose.

6. DrA5

Luckiest guy in the world. Running a top-line F1 team in his 30s and married the best-looking Spice Girl. Totes jell as the kewl kids say.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, out of the lot Ginger is the one for me. Never quite understood why Beckham went for the anorexic gal.

BigBird and DrA5 like this.
  8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

There is also a minimum speed setting for it to open.

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

No... Max didn't want to go into the DRS detection zone ahead of Lewis.

"In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration."

BigBird and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  10. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I think when they looked at Max's telemetry they said he momentarily hit 2.4 Gs deceleration and concluded he was being a bigger dickhead than Ham. Agree that the next race is likely to be " sporty "

BigBird likes this.
  11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I'd say go watch this. At 5.28 and beyond then you can see it and max was already past Lewis before the straight. Which is why I question this and figure that we have the world's best technology in formula one and yet DRS opens up so max can pull away.
    Why hasn't anyone from team said anything is my question. Oh well.
    Above my pay grade I guess. Let what Max crash Lewis out to win Championship next week. Its coming.

Steven

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wqsBegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3LTiOtI-dObpLXuJLFz_kX

12. DrA5

I had a friend who said Victoria Beckham was the most beautiful girl in the world, I told her that she wasn't even the best looking in her own group. Third best even........

BigBird and rd400racer like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The spot where they measure the gap to allow the use of the DRS and the spot where you can start using the DRS are two different places on the racetrack. If the car chasing at the first spot makes a pass before the second spot, it still gets to use the DRS.

CRA_Fizzer and DrA5 like this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Shoot, that’s even harder to figure out than tire warmers. :D

BigBird likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Look at it this way: you're on welfare and your next check is due on Friday. You win the lottery on Wednesday. They are still going to send you this Friday's check.

BigBird and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  16. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

I guess nothing came from Valteri holding up Max during the safety car?

DrA5 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

May be hard for you to believe but some people just go their own way and dont follow the rest like some do.
    Thanks for showing your support.

Steven

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey Steven,
    You know I was just trying to be funny. It’s fine with me you don’t use warmers, at least you are still out having fun on the track.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The stewards really dropped the ball on that one and I can't believe RB didn't make a bigger deal about it. Not to mention where LH was obviously way more than 10 car lengths behind during the non-formation, formation laps (more rules on the fly by the stewards) forcing MV to sit on the line longer, if that would have happened to LH he also would have immediately been on the radio crying to the stewards. He is quick to point out others infractions.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you under the impression that Max didn't, or don't you guys get the radio communications during the broadcast?