1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Toto channelling his inner Steve Spurrier and throwing his headset needs to be a gif by the end of the day.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Rosberg, who I wasn't a particular fan of while he was in F1, has a terrific podcast. Check out his interviews with Ricciardo and Grosjean, and further afield, Michael Douglas. I find him quite insightful.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I think if a car loses pieces like that, and sets fast laps, they should not be allowed to put it back on for the next race weekend.

Razr and rd400racer like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My preseason strategy to handle the emotional aspect of the championship round worked perfectly. I have money on Max, and I badly want him to lose. No matter what happens, something will soften the blow.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol. It will be interesting. Max is fiery, but Lewis is a grinder. Can't wait!

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Where did I say he won the title every season? He was in a race winning car every season. I guess I need to spell that out for you that those are two different things. Not too many racers other than Fangio were in a car that not only could win every season, did. Hamilton has won a race in every season he raced. Race wins do not equal titles, lol. Hamilton has benefitted where others have not. Alonso was in Minardi his first year. Other than BMW, Vettel was in Toro Rosso, not usually considered race winning teams (Toro Rosso falling into luck/weather twice). Hamilton began in McLaren. He has gotten steward decisions when others had not. Fact.

7. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

First lap at Donnington 93.

Robin172 likes this.
  8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

BigBird and NemesisR6 like this.
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

But it doesn't change his finishing position and the two penalty points don't affect him going into the final round, right?

So, a big nothingburger?

DrA5 likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

@Steeltoe welcome back!

If you haven't heard, Suzuki won a World Championship last year.

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm just happy Toe is back.

BigBird and Steeltoe like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was the other one I thought of, but I don't think I have ever seen an onboard video of that lap.

13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Does anyone know?
    Does the rule state how long one must be ahead of a car that was told to give the place back? Is it the next corner? Because Max giving the place back and then repassing Lewis into the next corner was brilliant.

14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

so has anyone else seen a rear wing open while in front after a pass?
    After Max repassed Lewis his wing opened in DRS zone and Lewis wing was shut and nobody was in front of Max.
    watch highlights video and at 5,31 you can see it
    Steven

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  15. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

So, after looking at the video again, when Max slowed down, the light on the back of his car was not flashing. I was under the impression that the light flashed at any point a car was not on throttle. Is that just during the rain? Or not the case at all? Can't remember where I got that notion.

16. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Both Mercedes are ignoring procedural rules, without consequence.
    Max is driving with blatant disregard to the racing line and track limits, with little consequence.

Considering the ineffectiveness of the stewards to control the races on the track, I'd say it's in both teams' interest to drive dirty from this point on. If the stewards are too scared to rule, then the teams must do what is necessary to win the driver's championship. Mercedes should assume that Max will try to intentionally make contact with Lewis, and as such should use Bottas to physically block for him. Likewise, RedBull should respond in kind. The time for respect on track is gone.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It was masterful. Toto's face was priceless. :D
    It's been done before. It's a calculation of where the DRS decision line is relative to where the actuation line is. If you allow someone to pass you right before the line where they take the measurement and repass them immediately, you still get the DRS.
    I think it flashes when the driver is recharging the battery. If you slow down without using the re-gen function, I don't think the light comes on.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Then why didn't Lewis wing open?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Because it was Max's DRS, as far as I understand what happened.