1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to cheer for a "mature" racer, I would be a bit concerned about the risk to a family man with absolutely nothing to prove. Regardless, I'll be fan boying for you at Daytona.

2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I don’t think that’s such a big issue. As a father Jonathan Rey has been doing that for years, of course he’s a bit younger than Breckinridge’s buddy…

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Wasn't Bayliss the one that said he got faster after having kids?

4. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:beer:

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I am proud that (then 19-year-old) Josh Hayes started his fabulous professional racing career with Team Hammer! Go Josh!

6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

If MotoAmerica has any sense of humor at all they will make Josh run yellow plates.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Shit. I need some kids stat!!

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

.....at least you're not claiming to still be 31 years old while doing so like Miggy was :crackup:

9. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

I think that Josh will do just fine in the 200! Unfinished business for him. The Attack team may go 1-2! Best Luck! Looking forward to the outcome!
    tim

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

well done @Circacee ,i saw another m4 associated rider with an ig post we can speculate on , wanna run it back and see if we can get some more answers ?!?:crackup::crackup::crackup:

11. henry_carlson

i think i saw him kick some ass at vir on an r6 that im sure he can use

12. henry_carlson

in all seriousness, thanks to @hayes131 and @John29 for coming on here and chatting with us, its really livened up the offseason for this bored fan

13. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+123456789:beer:

14. Im just now reading through this thread, but I like this comment/wording.

Stop trying to call it a "600cc class", and make it a "Middleweight" class. There are so many cool bikes out there (like the ones this conversation is about) that are not 600cc.

More different bikes = more interest. And could likely result in more teams and/or better competition.

If we were still in the days where OEMs were coming out with new 600's every 2-3 years, and all of the OEMs were heavily involved in racing, then sure. Keep it a 600 class. But that isnt the case anymore.

If you dont think you dinosaur age bike is competitive anymore, then change brands.

Dragginass likes this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You just like that I said shit can it:crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

I think people love to push this "parity" bullshit. Say equal equipment will produce great racing. Yet some of the best racing I've seen is when guys are on different bikes with different strengths that they use to their advantage. Think WSBK in the 90's or how about the Buell vs. 600's back in the DMG days...

Spec classes provide same type of racing. Moto3 is prefect example, it's a drafting contest. Give me some variety.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. mag

mag Well-Known Member

@hayes131 You should have punched Sofuoglu in the mouth. Then and only then would you have reached the status you seek.

Dragginass, jd41 and 418 like this.
  18. Fuckinhell :crackup:

19. Cant argue, That did jump out at me. :D

noles19 likes this.
  20. I couldnt agree more.