1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOCO lithium ion batteries

Discussion in 'Tech' started by surfercc, Nov 29, 2021.

1. surfercc

surfercc Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience running a NOCO lithium ion battery in their track bike? Amazon has them on sale today and they appear to have very good 5* reviews...

jd41 likes this.
  2. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Do they provide sponsorship?

There are some lithium battery vendors on here that do.

You get what you put in. Most in here support local vendors who support us.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which ones sponsor us? I do need a couple of batteries...

4. Ducati89

Us as riders not so much us as Wera.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyway, serious question, which ones are sponsoring riders?

bilet69 likes this.
  7. Ducati89

I thought Alien Motion did at one time.

I forget the other older; Pulse TI or something?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Heck if I know, the ones I have no longer exists :crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And thinking about it, Alien is Rocky, didn't really think about that. I'm losing it in my old age :crackup:

10. Ducati89

Me too. Fackin sucks.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm just thinkin' out loud here, but it would be pretty cool/sweet IF there was a battery brand that gave WERA members/racers a discount on their products.

I have a Shorai for my R1.

Like you said Mongo, there maybe someone out there that already does...but I am unaware at this time.

If anyone knows of something set up like that...post up...would be great to know.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I remember seeing Rocky's Alien Motion banners at the top of the page more than a few times. Been a while since I'd last seen. I've bought 2 or 3 of his batteries.

13. surfercc

I haven't come across any battery vendor support. At this point, I'll settle for a reputable company with decent products. The noco chargers and jump packs have worked well for me...

I looked up Alien Motion. They look better than some lithium batteries I've seen in bikes, and technical info is all there. The AM battery and NOCO are both lithium iron phosphate, but I can use the NOCO genius chargers for all the other lead acid batteries I have. I grabbed a NOCO to try it out, it was $29 cheaper (on sale) than the comparable Alien Motion. Guess I'll find out if it works or not!

14. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

I decided to buy one of the NOCO yesterday for my ninja 400.

surfercc likes this.
  15. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Anyone know what to do with old lithium batteries that no longer hold a full charge?

I have two now that no longer hold up after 8-9 years of no maintenance at all, any place to recycle these things?

16. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

18. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

19. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

i have had good luck with noco jump boxes i did fry one with a shorted altnator they took care of it other than my shipping to them they sent me a brand new sealed replacement. The WPS battery's seem preety good they have a push button heath gauge for recharge.
    I liked ballastic they were use built batteries but they folded up last year.
    Monogo if you need on i am sure STG would hook you up they are the forum sponsored vendor

20. surfercc

you can find battery recycling bins at Lowe's. The local Lowe's here has them setup next to the returns desk

R/T Performance likes this.