1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the VMD/WERA/AHRMA/other vintage types

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's been a while since I've really looked at the smaller/older class rules. Are there any changes that need to be made to the VMD classes to be more inclusive of other orgs bikes that wouldn't kill the class(es)? Not sure what my deadline is for changes but I need to go through it all soon even if it's to do a supplemental deal to the rules.

Keep this just for VMD please, I'll do another thread for the WERA rules in a bit.

G2G and evakat like this.
  2. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Dunno if it will lead to increased participation,but IIRC there were only a couple v4 entries at VMD.The equivalent ARHMA class allows up to 680cc.So kz650 is allowed.The guy that wins that class rides a sohc cb650.

Hopefully since AHRMA pushed Blackhawk and ginger man back this year we'll have more participation in v4,v5 and v6lw.

cyclocrossfool likes this.
  3. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I am planning on hitting a few "local to me" vintage rounds with my 87 FZR750RT.

4. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

sounds great if people would do V4 and bump up to V5 with the kz650 to do both classes, but what if the person just wants to do the one class (4) . wouldnt the V5 class suffer? kevin races the cb

5. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I think there was only 1 or 2 v5 entries.IIRC one was a Cbx,the other a 900f,no kz 650's.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, not sure how much of an issue is the rules versus the track itself.

7. cyclocrossfool

i have one that i may use this year. unless someone wants to borrow it ,then they can use it and ill ride something else

Jeff McKinney and ToofPic like this.
  8. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

I don't have an issue with the rules, I didn't compete this year because of Laguna seca with Ahrma, I do like the Mid O track layout but I wish they'd re-pave, last time I ran it at VMD I sat around all weekend for one race because of rain. And we know what rain does to mid O.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So any input? Finally getting to the almost done point of the rules....

10. cyclocrossfool

i like the rules/classes the way they are. dont think they need to be messed with.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thanks, that does help.

12. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

Yep, no issues