1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Well to be fair, the Saints lost Brees to retirement, then our starter Jameis is out for the season.
    No.1 wide out is gone for the season
    Taysom Hill was out for 3 weeks with injuries
    Saints have gone through 5 kickers in 11 weeks of football...wow
    Kamara is out
    Mark Ingram (our inside RB) is also out

BigBird likes this.
  2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I think McCaffrey should spend his off-season working with a QB coach, and transition into a QB for next year.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

As often as he is hurt he should transition to basket weaving. :D

StaccatoFan and dtalbott like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

RB is the toughest position. They should pay them the max to start, because they only have a few years in them.

dtalbott likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Running Back is ALL about the offensive line. It’s a dependency of those 5 guys up front.

The only back now that’s worth whatever they pay him is Henry in Tennessee. The rest are a dime a dozen.

Bell lost a LOT of money and a career in Shittsburgh thinking he was worth more than he really was. He had an awesome line that let him be great. Since then. He’s not done shit.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: this 1000%. That's the Bills problem, O line not very good, can't run ball.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I thought the Bills problem was the Patriots. :D

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We'll see, very well might be.

9. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Buffalo Bills - QB purgatory for 17+ years after Jim Kelly retires
    New England Patriots - QB purgatory for one year after Tom Brady moves on

Boston fans must be sacrificing their children to the Football Gods at a much higher rate than Buffalo fans!

dtalbott likes this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Anyone surprised at Mac Jones' performance this year didn't watch him at Bama last year. I would've ranked his performance above even Trevor Lawrence's, although he was on a better team at Bama. Trevor likely has a higher ceiling, but Mac landing on an already good team with great coaches that was in need of a QB is yielding the results many that watched him in college would've expected. He's smart, cool under pressure and is used to playing big games in the spot light.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Honestly, in hindsight it's amazing he played behind Tua and Hurts at Bama. He's clearly light years better than both of them, but maybe he grew into that level and wasn't good enough at the time to move up the depth charts. Saban certainly knows what he's doing.
    Having 3 NFL QBs on one college team is certainly an embarrassing level of wealth.

BigBird likes this.
  12. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

As a Ohio State fan I was very aware. Saban and Bama has the same problem as the Buckeyes. Look at Joe Burrow, an obvious cool headed gun slinger with a high IQ. However both programs like those running QB's to give defenses another issue. LSU (Burrow) showed the playoff system that you don't need a running QB to win the championships.

Now Ohio State is trying to develop "traditional" QB's and took away their running ability. After last weekend I'm sure Ohio State would of wished they would of ran the QB a bit more. :crackup:

13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Surprised, not at all. The Patriots choose wisely with Mac. He’s not as big or as fast as Trevor, but his ability to process a playbook and take what he’s given is higher than all other rookie QBs. His accuracy is above all other rookies also. Probably better than most veterans too. Kid was 4.0 in college…he’s bright as they come…especially NFL wise.

BigBird likes this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Quintessential Bengals.

Fall behind 24-zip. Finally score a TD. Decide to go for 2. Confusion ensues, timeout taken. Still get a delay of game on the ensuing 2 point attempt. Miss the resulting elongated PAT attempt.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Lions look like they just won the Super Bowl.

dtalbott likes this.
  16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Steelers!!!

I hate the ravens but respect that last play call for the two pt conversion attempt. Ballsy.

BigBird likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

The Ravens always play down to the level of their competition. It’s the Harbs way.

BUT ON defense. Patrick Queen is a liability. He gets run over all the time. Pitt exploited that today.

The call to go for 2 at the end was stupid.

As bad as the Ravens played today....to still almost win it....just sad for Western PA.

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Keep thinking that, Shitbirds suck. Lol

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Take away Jackson's running, and he is a below average QB.

FastByKids likes this.
  20. StaccatoFan

And what has Western PA accomplished in over a decade? OH yeah....NOTHING