1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you pay the heated seats bill?

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, the feel of the steering. No real feedback and no feeling. Like the steering on some race simulator some teenage pimple face would use in an E race setup just not as ghey.

one thing that I notice between the German car companies is the set up of the e aids. MB figures out what THEY want and you will adapt and live with them. VWag let’s you turn them on and off but ultimately they are right and you are wrong and you’ll do as they want. Lol.

bmw? They’ll try and redesign a rock to make a stick. You want a rock? “Nein! You vant eine stick and und like it!”

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Turning in to???:Poke:

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-11-26_10-34-7.png

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Shit. That isn’t filling me with confidence either.

That’s one thing I love about the SVR (at least in Dynamic mode) is the feel of the steering, brakes, and throttle response.

In Dynamic mode, it is direct. As soon as I make an input, shit happens immediately. I can put it on a dime.

Dave, if this RSQ8 shows up and I don’t like it, I’m sending you and Papa an e-uppercut.

Phl218, TurboBlew, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Whoa there! You ain't lumping us together! I told you to keep the Jaguar as long as you have nothing bad to say about it and it's under warranty. The recommendation on the Audi was specifically about saving yourself $80K by not buying that stupid Lamborghini based on the same platform. It's a case of if you must do something stupid, then do this stupid instead of that stupid. :D

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

if you tried a Q5 or the such, it's pure trash. Buddy had a Q7 and hated it, and got a VW Atlas, and said the VW handled much better and well was bigger.

SUVs in general are pretty terrible....most of them are for older ladies, and have the steering feel for their audience.

8. You know I pick and choose what I want to see.

So out of all of that, all I got was “Get the Audi”. :D

HPPT likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got to remember that Q5d and Q7s are made for soccer moms. The SQ5 I drove had a pretty damn good steering feel.

next time i drive the Q I’ll put it in sport (if I can figure out how) and see if that fixes my complaint.

as for the SQ8, I remember Papa insisting you buy it, you’ll love it and that even as a stinky Frenchman, he loves ‘em. :D

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm trying to think of one good reason to buy an Audi. I'm drawing a blank. Help me out here.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If it’s a blank check, go for it!

Otherwise, run!

12. nigel smith

I mean, people do buy the things. For the life of me, I can't figure out why.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I really liked the allroad. It was a great handling, safe and solid car with enough room for the kidlet and the mutt. It just nickeled and dimed me using $100 bills. I doubled the purchase price in repairs and maintenance.

Was glad to see it go, and take the A4 with it.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because they are less expensive, cheaper to maintain and have more soul then a BMW. :D

I LOVE the feel of the dial, buttons, the sound the doors make when they close (solid sounding but not that bank vault sound that a MB makes), they are fun to drive and for all my recent complaints about the Q I'll buy another Audi (next will be a mazda or a VW or a used BMW really). They have soul. Not like an Alfa (like dating a super hot chick that is absolutely crazy and drinks tequila) but they have soul. :D Like a super hot german chick that dresses in vinyl and has a riding crop (but doesn't own a horse).

Not for everyone and not everyone that buys (or leases one) gets it but those that get it, buy them. :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  15. nigel smith

So they appeal to men who are attracted to dominatrixes? I think I understand.

beac83 likes this.
  16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

If the soul is made out of electrical gremlins, then yes... they have a soul.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've owned MGs, Triumphs, 80s alfas and a 60s Jaguar or 2.

Don't give me that electrical gremlins shit. :D

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you know all those extraneous points are not mutually exclusive right? haha don't try to justify your stockholm syndrome.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was going to say I've never had electrical issues with one of my VW/ Audis but. . . There was that time that the power amp in the Jetta exploded, shot blue sparks through the car and read off the tach with noise. :D

Only dead reliable car brand I've owned was Mazda but now, I can't get parts for what 66 in NoVa destroyed on the car until a boat docks in Feb.

Sweatypants likes this.
  20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

They are good cars if you pick right model.

BigBird likes this.