Who’s in the woods?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ahh...you should have stopped.

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

It’s a 404 thing....or maybe thats 770, or 678.....

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Jesus Christmas. I should have known this would go off the rails. If it makes you guys feel any better I got over confident in the bright sunshine and didn’t dress appropriately. I’m freezing my ass off and will continue to for at least another 30 minutes. And I haven’t seen a single goddamn deer.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Outside the Perimeter and Inside the Perimeter. I-285. They’re still fighting the Civil War down there.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  5. Venom51

Best of luck. I got nothing against hunting. Just some concerns about when and where it happens.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'll probably go out for a few walks in the backyard next week. I've only ever got 2 deer here, and they both came at last light on the last day. Playing the odds, I only need to go out next Saturday around 4:30 and wait a bit :D. Every time I take time off work to sit in a tree, I just end up sitting out there thinking about all the shit I have to do up at the house/barn and how this is such a waste of time. What usually ends up happening is I start working on stuff, and every few hours take a walk around the property with the shotgun. lol.

If I went away to camp for the week I'd enjoy it a lot more. Hunting by yourself in your backyard isn't that enjoyable for me. A buddy bought a big property up the road this year, so I might go out with him for a day next week.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I only shoot with the trailcams.

I actually have a cartoon in my yard... I have no urge to be Elmer Fudd.

Coyote & roadrunner show...
    [​IMG]
    Roadrunner
    [​IMG]

RichB likes this.
  8. Venom51

Well the irony in all this is the only reason they are back here in the area is that we have plenty of them. When the women get all concered about folks coming around looking for them I get to give one of my favorite answers to the question.

My wife : Why are they all coming back here to look for deer?

Me : Becasue every women in this area has to post a picture daily of the crowd of deer they spotted on the walk on the Facetubes. So you are the reason.

I kid you not if I wanted deer for dinner I can step out the door around 8 to 10pm any night and never have to walk past the end of the drive way to collect it. Of course I'd have to manage to miss my flight risk dog that just can't wait to chase them. :D

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I know. I’m just breaking balls.

And I was really cold. :D

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yeah, you guys can come to my house and shoot the ten or so deer that are in my backyard at any given time.

11. Doorman

Doorman Member

Hunting below Macon Ga
    and they’re running hard! 239CB3B0-3224-456D-AE48-98150B90E631.jpeg

cBJr, tl1098, RonR and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I posted photos of what’s in the wet lands a few hundred meters from me every dipshit with a deer caliber rifle with a suppressor, bow or crossbow would be trying to poach.

Crazy shit.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

The War of Northern Aggression, you ill-informed outsider.

[​IMG]

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I get it .. I have had trespassers on my Michigan acreage on multiple occasions during hunting season . Even had a pair tell me that they had permission from the owner . And it’s aggravating as F ... but there is a big difference if you don’t actually own the property you are attempting to run them off of without owner’s permission.

15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yes I did miss that part ... and didn’t mean to imply that the
    You were actually breaking the law . Just expressing use of caution if you don’t actually own the property.

16. Venom51

Unlike my youth I tend to do that more these days. :D

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Found out yesterday I lost a customer over the weekend. Hit 2 deer on his bike, out for one last ride before it got too cold. 56 rs. old.

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

ITP for the win bitches! 404 in da house!!!!

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Been out a couple times so far. Getting some good pictures and this week the temperature took a big dip. Movement was great this morning so hoping to send an arrow soon. It’s been 2 years since I’ve tagged so hopefully I can hold out for at least a 4 yr old. Care way more about age than inches.

20. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

I was out for a Halloween hunt last weekend. Got a nice 8 pointer early Monday morning. They are not chasing hard in Central Wisconsin just yet. I think this weekend is the magic time to have all day sits.