1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOOLBOX suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by SlingWing, Oct 28, 2021.

1. SlingWing

SlingWing Well-Known Member

So my tool box got stolen the other night and now I’m looking to replace it.

It was a Milwaukee pack-out set up (see pic). The base box had big wheels and was like a dolly. The middle box had 3 drawers. The top box was thiner for smaller parts.

The setup worked well for the track, but wasn’t perfect. For example, the drawers in the middle box were very deep and not optimal for a “mechanics” use. Tools ended up being stacked on top of each other.

It was also a pain to access the bottom box because the lid was on top. I’d have to remove the top 2 boxes just to get into it.

IMO, the perfect box for the track would have:
    - 2 Large wheels in dolly config
    - Similar footprint (slightly wider for longer tools, TQ wrenches, etc)
    - Plastic construction (weather resistant) - Mechanic style drawers, bottom to top

Anything know if something like this exists? Can’t find anything on the inter webs

473FBEB4-402D-4497-A391-4410F80EF263.jpeg

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Check out boxo USA a wera racer is the us guy for them and they are nice setups

TLR67 likes this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What Casey Said!

4. SlingWing

Looks like they have nice stuff but not seeing anything with the dolly style wheels, or composite.

5. SlingWing

Spent another hour or so searching. Found some from Jenson, or GT line that are very close to what I’m looking for.

If only Milwaukee would shrink those drawers. Would be perfect

6. evomach

evomach Well-Known Member

Keter has has a rolling composite toolbox that has stackable levels, but it's not 2 wheel dolly style.

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

What about finding a box setup you like and just using a dolly to move it?

Which provides more longterm happiness? A box you love that has to be transported via dolly? Or a box with built in dolly wheels that you don't enjoy working out of?

8. SlingWing

I’ve definitely considered that but I’m not a fan of settling.

Think I’ve found a good option by Snap-On. It’s only $900..

9. SlingWing

10. SlingWing

Space, weight, convenience. They all weigh. Want to keep my foot print as small as possible.

11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Get smaller shoes ... :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Bobby?

13. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

I have that box, it’s nice. Would highly suggest you look at the drawer size configurations when ordering. The shallow ones are really shallow.

FWIW they sell it for over half off if you can access SEP or the higher Industrial discounting tiers.

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeppers

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

the harbor freight us general 34" full bank service cart is nice. if it was available, when I was looking for one for the toyhauler, I would have went that route. I was looking for the snap on 34" roller but, was hesitant to come off the coin, for a trailer box. I ended up with the us general 26x22 which is nice sized for a hauler, or trailer. then, a few weeks later the 34" box dropped at HF, and I was beyond bummed.

are they snap on quality? no but, they are better than the husky, craftsman etc...

I have a nice 40" snap on bottom box in blue, I would love someone to buy/use as it sits empty in my basement, right now. Ski

16. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

17. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member