1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasti dip paint - does it really come off?

Discussion in 'General' started by zamboiv, Oct 11, 2021.

1. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of making a halloween constume for my daughter and I need to paint her her truck blue. Does this stuff really come off or will I be making a big mistake? I don't want to ruin her cozy coupe for a few nights.

My other option is to buy a different truck to paint but I'd rather not.

2. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

yes it does, but yo must have more money to waste than I. That's alot of time and effort for a few days

3. Rat_trap

Rat_trap Member

Yeah, it comes off. It's like peeling off an old dehydrated condom. If you want it to come off easier, paint it on thicker. It's really hard to get off if it's a thin layer, you have to rub it off.

mike574 likes this.
  4. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I would try waxing the area first...it may not adhere as well on a polished surface. It may also run like a banshee.
    Test a bit for sure.

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Yes, thick layers and stay away from complicated shapes, like BBS mesh wheels (I’m looking at you previous owner of my BBS wheels).

thicker you do it, better it comes off in big chunks.

6. zamboiv

Thanks. I found a separate little truck on mArketplace so I’m gonna buy that one and give it a run. I’ll post pics if/when it’s done.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This project is getting out of hand already.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Are you new here?

9. zamboiv

Ok, so I’ve finished “The Little Blue Truck”. This is based on my daughters favorite book about a truck that drives around with farm animals. Growing up on a farm and once my wife had this idea it was a “no-brainer”. This was a lot of fun for me. I didn’t use Plasti-dip, I decided to use regular paint, bought touch led lights to make the eyes/lights and made the grill out of cardboard and foil.

Attached Files:

sdg, Arioch, R1M370 and 7 others like this.
  10. zamboiv

Needless to say Stella was pretty stunned to see "The Little Blue Truck" show up at the house today. Hopefully, we can get some fun pictures with Stella in the Toad costume with Mom and I in the Cow and Pig costumes along with the farm dog.

11. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Well done. Enjoy.

zamboiv likes this.
  12. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Does the little blue truck go “Beep, beep, beep”?

zamboiv and renegade17 like this.
  13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah but does it have Ohlins

Phl218 likes this.
  14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

That the truck was a toy truck was unexpected.

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing, with some of the people on here the fact that he was going to buy a truck for his daughter only for Halloween was not out of the realm of possibilities:crackup:

dtalbott likes this.
  16. zamboiv

Should’ve prefaced it with daughter is 1. So yes, it’s a little tikes truck that she can ride in.

Phl218 and dtalbott like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I was also thinking real truck but that is truly cool!

dtalbott likes this.
  18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Super cute! Well done, dad!

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

gasoline will get the rest that you can't pull off

.cool truck.

20. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Very nice! Give her a few years and drop a turbo LS engine in it. She'll have the baddest little tikes truck on the block!;)