1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

That's what everyone was saying about the Lightning after the flop in 2019...

Now they have those 2 cups, back-to-back, and going for the three-peat! :D

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

They should have about 3, too. But if I had to pick which team has been the bigger disappointment it would be the Caps.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Caps have their one and that's a miracle in itself since they are a DC team and we can't have anything nice here. :D

4. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

The Lightning do have 3 :cool:, missed some great opportunities to have more though.

Finals appearance in 2015, one game away from finals in 2016, shit the bed during last two games of ECF in 2018 (nice gift to Caps), then shit the bed even worse in 2019.

Those back-to-back cups make up for all of that though, and then some. It's been good being a Lightning fan...

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Lightning and Red Wings go to OT at 6-6 and win it with Palat's goal.
    Three different times they trailed by 3 goals but rallied. Impressive.

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Flyers looked meh last night. Saw some promise from some of the new blood. I truly appreciate his story, but I’m still wondering if Lindblom deserves a roster spot. They came out of the gate kinda strong, but then they got back on their heels and let in some leaky goals. Were very fortunate to score 2 late goals to tie it only to lose in a shootout.

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Well, my Devils looked decent out of the gate, and i'm not hoping for a lot, but just be competitive and continue the climb back to respectability!!

8. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

I just dont understand Hart sometimes. I love the kid. I want him to succeed. Looks like he had 2 unlucky squeeks.

9. Ducati89

Hamilton had a nice clapper!

10. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

That game was nuts... Sounds like a good one tonight with the Caps so far, not watching as I'm trying to sort out what streaming service to pick for my NHL fix.

11. Ducati89

Right? Its ridiculous this year

chobes likes this.
  12. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

What's the best option? The schedule is limited regardless of which provider you choose, and I refuse to go back to regular cable.... I have a friend from overseas who provided me with his credentials to his European streaming service last year as a backup in case he lost his, had zero blackouts, could watch any NHL game I wanted with no issue. :cool:

Why can't we get that type of service here?

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You could watch any game with the NHL package, but that's gone now with ESPN'S coverage. Pretty sure ESPN + has taken that over.

14. Ducati89

Yeah. At $6.99/mo or $69.99/yr. Our cable package, Mediacom, isnt worth crap at this point.

15. Ducati89

Are you streaming it from your cell phone and casting it to your tv? Im having a hard time doing it with mine Ifone7.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've never had long term luck with that. It will work for a bit then cut out. I paid for the service, which in my mind is the same as when I was paying for the NHL package the last few years.

17. Ducati89

Mediacom doesnt offer it. Its deplorable.

18. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Any way around the region restrictions with ESPN+? Local blackouts, appears that you can't get around it with a VPN either...

For Lightning, Kuch is out again with injury...

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah that sucks. They can't seem to keep him and Stamkos healthy at the same time.
    Panthers just bombed them last night. :Poke:

20. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Stamkos has had an amazing career so far, despite his injuries. Hopefully it's nothing too serious with Kuch. There's always the LTIR option ;)

The whole league will be looking to take a shot at the Bolts, especially with the back-to-back Cups, and you can see that they're missing the Gourde-Goodrow-Coleman line.

lee955i likes this.