1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

When did this happen? I did a search on the web and nothing came up.

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

The story is that he found out he’d been traded via Twitter…Vegas claimed that the story leaked and they hadn’t completed the trade yet. They still didn’t have the decency to call him first and say hey, we’re in the trade process and we’re going to trade you to Chicago for a fucking minor league prospect. After all he’s done for that franchise?

3. rd400racer

Pretty crappy deal. I was a fan a Vegas primarily because of Fleury, which is saying a lot considering how much I hate the Chickens...I mean Penguins:D

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Anybody out there interested in Tuuka ?? :D

5. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Yeah, Bs made some interesting moves. Wondering how the Derek Forbort move is going to work out, seems like a lot of money for a guy averaging less than 3 minutes of ice time per game.

6. rd400racer

Quick heads up...

It's opening night of the new season!

Sabre699 and chobes like this.
  7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Who has the tv contract this year? Is it USA?

8. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Not big on TV stuff but games were on ESPN last night so I think that’s the ABC Disney conglomerate. Not sure what all stations will be used yet.

9. rd400racer

It's going to be spread over a variety of channels. ESPN has the main contract, but games will also be on TNT and TBS. ABC will also have some along with Hulu. I've had the NHL package for years but I'm not exactly sure how that's going to work now. I tried to get pre-season games but they were all blacked out.

It's always weird to me when a sport changes networks because the familiar faces your used to calling games is different. Pens game last night had Ray Ferraro on color and Sean McDonough on the call and they were pretty good. And the color group for intermission had Messier, Chelios and Melrose, which I think is a good team. I will miss Katherine Tappen, Liam and Jones.

We're having a party tonight for the Rangers opener vs the Caps. Should be a good game but Ovi and Backstrom are questionable.

[​IMG]

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah...the Pens put a hurtin' on the bolts last night.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My damn kid went to the Caps opener tonight and I get to dye and string goalie sticks for her club team!

rd400racer likes this.
  12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Me Like Dat!!

13. Ducti89

Watching the Caps/ Rangers pre game.

kinda enjoying the dynamic with Barkley, Gretzky and the bunch.

rd400racer likes this.
  14. rd400racer

Ducti89 likes this.
  15. Ducti89

Didnt realize you guys picked up Reeves. Thats a solid defensive addition! Good luck with him!

rd400racer likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

RD, if our tribes ever meet just, for the love of gawd please, don't tell Sam you're a Rangers fan. :D but she'd be okay I guess.

Not like you're a Penguins fan and need killin' and shit. :D

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I miss Doc Emerick, by far the gold standard for hockey announcing

Sabre699 and rd400racer like this.
  18. rd400racer

Hey, Caps are my second favorite team! Tough game to watch, especially being the season opener.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The kid is right behind the rangers goal.

rd400racer and bullockcm like this.
  20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Excuse me?

:Poke: