1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 15 | COTA | USA | Oct 1-3

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Funny. An old mentor of mine once told me, “never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut” when dealing with uncertain and strained situations.

PPPope, R Acree and MachineR1 like this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's good advice, and a lesson I've had to learn the hard way a few times in my life.

PPPope likes this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Pffft, you can’t even put a bike up on a rear stand. :D

4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Here's the full clip + interviews. Both were losing the front and all over the track because of it, Bastianini probably would've gotten them either way.

418 likes this.
  6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

F628A662-EF2D-4BDF-A921-471302121B04.jpeg
    We had seats at the top of the stands at T-15. My wife got a pic right about the point of contact. Great weekend. I hope they can get the bumps fixed in time to race in the spring. It was awesome to attend a Moto GP event and be home in 45 minutes.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Maybe Mir have some leeway with the bashing, as he knew he was wrong.

Not everyone can try a Marquez Berm and get away with it. Even the reigning World Champion

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not enough in 1 for GP racing. Would need more room and gravel and make it flat rather than sloping away from the track. And that's just the start of the issues there for a race of that caliber.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Where exactly were you? I was T15-12 Row 35 Seat 1. The viewing was pretty excellent from there.

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

The Marquez berm was hilarious pre-Moto3 race. They broadcasted the FIM rules when it came to exceeding track limits. They replayed Marquez cleaning Aleix out 6-7 times LOL

BigBird likes this.
  11. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I was T-15, section 6, very top row. Yeah, the viewing was great, I took binoculars Saturday and Sunday. With Binos, I could watch them go thru 8,9,10... then again at 11 and up the back straight towards us.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

13. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Agree on T15 viewing. I was at T15, section 15 row 27. Couldn’t ask for better viewing than that complex of turns. That said, the sun was blazing on those grandstands without a cover for shade… but that’s nit-picking

ungwaha likes this.
  14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

T15 sec 23 for me. Not bad at all!

I had to give in and get a fishing hat from Cabelas for Sat and Sun. Whew that sun was beating down.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

April 10,2022...will COTA be ready?

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If the bulldozers started during the cool down lap, maybe…

auminer, TX Joose and BigBird like this.
  17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

honest question, how much pull do the riders have? yea they have their safety committee but does it actually get anything done? they can complain and say they wont go all they want but will Dorna actually give a shit?

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Their give a shit meter is based on potential revenue loss. MotoGP is a big one. When F1 gets there in a few weeks, the real pressure will start. It’s about the only good thing about F1 sharing MGP tracks.

Phl218 and Yzasserina like this.
  19. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

We had seats in the turn 12 grandstands. In my three years of going these were by far the best seats yet. We could see turn 1 down into 2, portions of the esses and 12 thru 16 as well. Really enjoyed it. Biggest surprise was how many people only showed up for the MotoGP race. Grandstands felt half full till the race. Wish MotoAmerica would have had a vendor location too.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'd assume the F1 cars with the downforce will get their underbodies torn up big time

BHP41 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.