1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accossato Bleeder size

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Xiyang Liu, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Xiyang Liu

Xiyang Liu Well-Known Member

I have an Accossato 19*18 master, and want to get a speed bleeder for it. Anyone knows which size I should order or the part number? I contacted STG which contacted Speedbleeder, but they don't have any info.

2. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

speed bleeders are known to fail. you dont want one on your master....or calipers

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. Xiyang Liu

Ah shit, I already have two on my calipers. Now I need to reconsider. Do you know at which point do they usually fail at, thread? Valve?

4. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Stahlbus. Put them on a bike for the first time this past season. Very nice, work great.
    They have a nifty bellows thing that makes bleeding pretty painless.

5. grapejuiceboys

grapejuiceboys Well-Known Member

I've used them from time to time and never had an issue with them. I've also never heard of them failing.

I'd be curious to know how they have failed because they seat the same way a normal bleeder does even if the internal check valve is damaged or has debris in it.

6. duc995

duc995 Yep…

I’m with you. 20+ years of track duty on multiple bikes with no issue. Like you said, they seat the same way as an oem bleeder so the check valve is not an issue if it did fail.

7. Xiyang Liu

I also put them on my calipers this season, and loved them. Expect after the thread sealer fade out, sometimes fluid will seep through thread when bleeder is open. But I added Teflon tape around the thread and problem solved.

8. Xiyang Liu

Thanks for you input!

9. Xiyang Liu

Thanks for you input!

10. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Not sure about the Teflon tape thing…. not sure if it reacts with brake fluid.

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

this is a huge NO! never ever ever put telfon tape on a bleeder.

can someone please chime in on this thread? there is some pretty bad advice being given on here.

beathiswon and TurboBlew like this.
  12. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Yup, the tape can come apart and work it's way into the brake system. Not good when orifices get clogged.

13. Xiyang Liu

Ok. I think I'll ditch the teflon and use the thread sealer sold by speedbleeder then.

14. Xiyang Liu

OK, how about the thread sealer from speedbleeder? Any good?

15. Xiyang Liu

Man you are right. Have you had experience with the thread sealer sold by Speed bleeder?

16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

you need to check if the thread on the bleeder is worn out, which is usually the case. if it's a worn bleeder, just replace it.

if it's worn threads on the caliper, it's pretty much time to replace it.

the techs on here will tell you to only use OEM bleeders only and replace them every few years.
    Brakes on a track bike are something you dont want to mess with. if it's not 100% perfect, fix it before you ride.

17. Xiyang Liu

Ok I will. I'm switching calipers anyways in the winter. Thanks.

18. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

I have no personal experience with theirs but it's the type that comes on their bleeders when new. They would have plenty of lawsuits by now if it didn't work. Follow their instructions as it's meant to be installed after drying on the threads, not like most of the LocTite type threadlockers.

19. Xiyang Liu

Thanks!

20. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

The damage I could see happening with and kind sealant on the bleeder would be the sealant making it’s way to sealing surface on the bleeder. If that happens the bleeder will never seal to the machined sealing surface in the caliper or master cylinder.